Well...it finally happened

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilooo

Aug 18, 2008
North Central CT
I work part-time at our local Home Depot in Enfield, CT. (phone center associate) I went into work last night and there's a big sign right over my work station...PELLETS - $299.00/ton. (might as well say $300, like $299 sounds better-NOT!) Our last shipment in July was at $259.00/ton. HERE WE GO!!!

Hubby and I got ours in June from another distributor at $230/ton/delivered. I wouldn't buy from HD anyway. When you work there, you learn quick what not to buy, trust me...good store, but not for everything. 8-/

globewyre said:
What brand of pellets are they selling at that HD. They are selling pennington here. There is a different brand on there web site.

Freedom Fuel brand at the HD in Easton, PA $279.00 a ton...ouch!!!

After reading alot of the posts here, I was feeling guilty for buying three tons of pellets at 279.99 each right after I bought my stove in the middle of July. Got the feeling I might be adding to the price increase. But, I had the money then and the last thing I was worried about was the price going up, just didn't want to spend my cash elsewhere on things I didn't need, and have to come up with the cash in October. Many of the posts here seem to think the price will go down, and I for one sure hope so. But with the prices seemingly going up every day, I'm glad I got mine on hand now. And when and if they go down again, I guess I'll stock up any time a good deal comes around. Being new to this is going to be a learning curve, when to buy and when not to. I just want to make sure I have the darn pellets when I need them! And I wish I could afford an extra ton to shove up the oil cartels.....Now if I could just figure out how to get those pellets from plugging up the gas filter on my truck...

bungalobob - I hear ya on the learning curve, this is our first year with the stove too. Installed July 25, have not tested yet. But last night temps were around 55ish, same tonight, so pretty soon, my friend, pretty soon! Pellets to be delivered in September (4 ton). I think we'll get some friends to help unload into the basement (pizza and beer, guys?) :) I'd haul pellets for that!!! ;-P

matchstickchick said:
bungalobob - I hear ya on the learning curve, this is our first year with the stove too. Installed July 25, have not tested yet. But last night temps were around 55ish, same tonight, so pretty soon, my friend, pretty soon! Pellets to be delivered in September (4 ton). I think we'll get some friends to help unload into the basement (pizza and beer, guys?) :) I'd haul pellets for that!!! ;-P
Hey I'm in North Central CT - will schlep pellets for pizza & beer :) It's not hard - pretty quick work for a couple of guys to do.

My wife is afraid I'm going to spend more on pellets than on oil because she won't know how to turn it down and I will be turning it on & up whenever I feel chilly. I was making moves that direction last night due to the temps but she keeps making noises about how I ought to wear pajamas and I won't be cold. Silly woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.