Well, it's starting to happen around here too!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
The chainsaws are firing up around here with everybody getting their wood ready for this winter. Including my neighbor's kid cutting. I was down in the woods making 45 rounds out of a big red oak Saturday and the kid dropped by.

"Getting ready for this winter mister B.?"

"No, the winter of 2012/2013."

"Huh?"
I'm right with you there BrotherBart. Be safe.
Ed

BrotherBart said:
The chainsaws are firing up around here with everybody getting their wood ready for this winter. Including my neighbor's kid cutting. I was down in the woods making 45 rounds out of a big red oak Saturday and the kid dropped by.
?"

Could your technique for making 45 rounds out of red oak also work for making 30-30 rounds?

fossil said:
Well, for heaven's sakes, let's just make sure that whatever we do around here we get our damned agricultural outbuilding terminology straight. %-P Rick
Yes, please do! It hurts an old farmer's feelings. :down:

kenny chaos said:
BrotherBart said:
?"

Could your technique for making 45 rounds out of red oak also work for making 30-30 rounds?

The saw only came with the dies for .45 and 9mm.

ikessky said:
I'm thinking about printing up some Hearth.com flyers and sticking them in people's mailboxes!

As far as printing and delivering the flyer's is concerned it might more economical and expedient to put an ad in the newspaper or a local "weekly" ad-paper. But I like your way of thinking. Making people aware of this forum and it's wealth of information could potentially save them money and grief and even prevent the loss of life (especially in case of a fire from creosote from wet wood).

You guys all made me a firewood addict! I can't stop cutting a splitting!

Around here, people look at you like you are nuts when you say you have two years worth of wood stacked up. I don't know how many times I've heard, "Wow. I've got it stacked up at my house, but I've got to get it cut and split before the cold comes!"

quads said:
Backwoods Savage said:
quads, you beat me to it. And I agree is no doubt was not a silo. (Hey, I've heard people refer to silos as chimneys!)

We have a neighbor who used to store quite a bit of firewood in one of the round wire corn cribs. It worked okay but was a bear getting the wood out.
Yup, the older wooden rectangular cribs would work better.

Agreed! Much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.