Well its that time..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsj425

Burning Hunk
Jul 17, 2011
North Pole Alaska
Temps in the 20s and teens at night and the snow is moving in. This is my front yard as of about 10 minutes ago and its coming down HARD right now. This is the second snow of the year but probably wont stick around just yet suppose to warm back up to about 40 later this week then it will drop down and be ridiculously cold until sometime in May.

ak-snow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Brrrrr

Well, now you've done it.
I've been perfectly happy ignoring the soon to arrive snow and cold, and you come along and make me think about it.
With a picture, no less. We love pics, but that's just .......too early.
>>

You know, around about late Aug I start to think that moving north, say to Maine, would be so nice. Cooler summers, and a longer burning season. Be able to use the stove before December without turning the living room into an oven.

Then I see an Alaska post and it makes me happy to stay put :)

Seriously, I do love snow and winter, but this is really toooooo early. I like having 4 seasons. Good luck up there......

You know, around about late Aug I start to think that moving north, say to Maine, would be so nice. Cooler summers, and a longer burning season. Be able to use the stove before December without turning the living room into an oven.

Then I see an Alaska post and it makes me happy to stay put :)

Seriously, I do love snow and winter, but this is really toooooo early. I like having 4 seasons. Good luck up there......

Unless you're moving way up into The Crown of Maine I would guess that our winters are much like your winters in Mass . . . sometimes you get a bit more (such as in the past few years when many storms hit you folks, but stayed south of where I live . . . sadly) . . . othertimes we get the storms. I would guess temps are pretty close.

For some reason many folks seem to think Maine is close to the Arctic Circle when it's actually pretty tame weather-wise . . . we've been enjoying many of the same hot, humid, sticky summer days as the rest of New England, the soggy, wet days and currently a relatively dry spell (other than Sunday) . . .

That said . . . my sister has tried to convince me that moving to Alaska near their place in Wasilla would be great . . . having seen her pics of snow during this time of year in the past and snow way, way past the time when we've got flowers coming up . . . I think I'll stay here and just visit her in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.