Well my propane tank was repossessed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyman923

Feb 27, 2008
Cookeville TN
One week ago I woke up to hear a truck outside my guest home and went outside to see was what was going on and my local propane dealer was repoing the tank because I was $20.00 behind on the 2008-2009 tank rental. I had about 5% left in a 200 gallon tank that was prepaid. Last year I was charged $100 tank rental for the 2007-2008 year up from $40 for not purchasing enough propane last year. I'm kinda glad to see it go, the latest quote at $2.95 a gallon was nothing to get excited about though I wasn't the nicest to the repo guys, I wish they would have knocked on the door and asked me to move my pick up instead of trashing my lawn to get the tank.

Anyone have any good links for dhw that would supply a small guest home that I could run off a wood stove?? I would be the only 1 operating the wood stove-dhw.

Thanks
Mark

With the money you will be saving with the propane gone you can afford an electric dhw. And as a bonus you will actually be able to also afford to put water in it and heat it. :)

no loss keyman , you got 2 monster heaters, gawd a 24-icd and a 24-acd!!!!!! thats a lotta heat! by the way , would love to have a copy of the pic you have in your avatar, i dont see many icd pics any more and that looks like a nice burn pic, would love it if you e mailed me a copy to add to my collection.

The 24 icd and the acd have been real life safers, 520-570lbs of no bs heat, The best heat exchanger I have ever used in a wood stove. I've only had to run the acd a couple times as the icd heats my energy inefficent home like a champ, with 12' catherdral ceilings throughout, 3 skylights, 22 recessed light cans, 4' uninsulated block walls on a slab with alot of windows any other stove other then a Englander just wouldn't cut it.

You could get your own 100 gallon tank for DHW and not worry about minimums and other charges. Also, you are not locked into a signle supplier with their higher rates.

Ken

Thanks for the link, I would really like to not go back to propane, NG is not available here yet, so I guess I'm looking at electric. I been reading alot about batch heaters and would like to try 1 of those with possibly trying to get a small amount of dhw with 1 of my wood stove with either a hot water coil or ?

Thanks
Mark

It does not have the head that is currently used on gas grills.

Status
Not open for further replies.