Well what do you know it hit -10 °F for a new low for the season this morning according to my watch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyTheBear

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2008
Standish, ME
Well after yesterday's nice warm den the bear is a bit grumpy this morning.

I have parts coming both to fix and build up spare stock. Was just discussing the spare parts situation with save$ via PM on Friday.

The chickens had a nice warm meal of cooked veggies yesterday evening before dark. Mrs. Bear was concerned about them.

Oh well such is life.

How is everybody doing this morning?

Great!!
0F this morning but 77-78 downstairs and 65-68 upstairs.
Burning a good amount of pellets (1.5-2 bags/day) but we know our feelings about oil!!
-8 yesterday morning.

Only got down to 2 degrees F here, although the windchilll was -11 for a while.
The main part of the house was a nice 72F, the master bedroom which is an awkward addition with no airflow to heat from the stove was 68 with the propane boiler running in just that zone.
The windchill while walking the dog was a stellar way to wake up!

SmokeyTheBear said:

I have parts coming both to fix and build up spare stock. Was just discussing the spare parts situation with save$ via PM on Friday.

The chickens had a nice warm meal of cooked veggies yesterday evening before dark. Mrs. Bear was concerned about them.

Oh well such is life.

If you and the Mrs. would just hibernate like the rest of your friends you would not have these problems. :lol:

Is the little Saranac feeling a little under the weather these days? No problem. Give her a little TLC and a nice nap and she will be back up to full snuff without skipping a beat. Why the hell do parts always go bad right when you need them the most?

Bet it is a little nipper up in them there parts. It was below zero down here in the almost flatlands last night. What time are the chickens being fed tonight? I might just skip up for a quick bite. :)

Doocrew said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Oh well such is life.

If you and the Mrs. would just hibernate like the rest of your friends you would not have these problems. :lol:

Is the little Saranac feeling a little under the weather these days? No problem. Give her a little TLC and a nice nap and she will be back up to full snuff without skipping a beat. Why the hell do parts always go bad right when you need them the most?

Bet it is a little nipper up in them there parts. It was below zero down here in the almost flatlands last night. What time are the chickens being fed tonight? I might just skip up for a quick bite. :)

It was rather nippy here this morning as for the stove it has a busted blower motor (you know one of those Fasco built somewhere units). You get one thing taken care of and another always is waiting to bite. I keep trying to hibernate but the Mrs. wants her heat and feeds me to keep me awake. You see bears only hibernate because they run out of food.

Sorry to hear Smokey....hopefully your up and running again real soon....is there another brand out there other than Fasco for replacement parts? I would like to get the two blowers as spares just in case....I guess I could go through the dealer...but that may cost extra

IHATEPROPANE said:
Sorry to hear Smokey....hopefully your up and running again real soon....is there another brand out there other than Fasco for replacement parts? I would like to get the two blowers as spares just in case....I guess I could go through the dealer...but that may cost extra

Yes there are and I'm currently searching for a replacement that is better and more efficient. When I find what I'm looking for I'll order one and put my en-route replacement on the shelf along with the refurbed old unit.

The problem with the blowers is that they come from different factories you never know which one it is coming from. This will be the third time on the combustion side. The first blower motor bearing seal was shot, and this one is just barely operable.

I also get a chuckle out of the ads I see about tolerance's that are so close you need a microscope to see differences etc .... etc ....

Been burning HHO since Sat, too lazy to haul lots of pellets, running stove now.

We had 4ºF this morning, Got my lazy can out of bed and the house was 72ºF. Stove still hasn't broke a sweat! Cubies also helped with the chore! ;-)

Back to the Stove chow seeing were warming back up to the mid 30's to low 40's. Why waste the good stuff?

-8* here this morning. 77* first floor and 71* second floor with stove on stove temp. heat setting 1. The P43 is heating this place incredibly for me. Anything over heat setting 1 and I am in the 80*'s range. 1100 sqft. salt box style house. Using Allegheny pellets right now. Hope your parts get to you soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.