Wen't back to Quad School today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
So, aweek ago I see this CL post, FREE WOOD. You had me at free. Leave the guy a voicemail, last Thur. No reply. Come Monday, I get a call, come get it. Red oak, black to some. One cord plus! I know it didn't happen w/o pics. Working on that. Now back to the quads school. With the splitter right there and many home issues at the moment. KC needed to let some stress go. Went back old school swinging the maul like a caveman. Just one round for now..............damn that was good, one more, get a beer, one more round to pulverize. Well it became dark out there.

KC

iskiatomic said:
So, aweek ago I see this CL post, FREE WOOD. You had me at free. Leave the guy a voicemail, last Thur. No reply. Come Monday, I get a call, come get it. Red oak, black to some. One cord plus! I know it didn't happen w/o pics. Working on that. Now back to the quads school. With the splitter right there and many home issues at the moment. KC needed to let some stress go. Went back old school swinging the maul like a caveman. Just one round for now..............damn that was good, one more, get a beer, one more round to pulverize. Well it became dark out there.

KC

Get it ALL out!

zap

It almost seemed unfair. Straight grained oak. wood just about poped by looking at it. Caveman DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

KC

iskiatomic said:
Straight grained oak.

free and the good stuff...gotta love that, congrats.

It is a good school and has taught me how to solve many problems over the years!

I agree quads. When I was able, I'd split until I tired and it is amazing how many problems you can solve while doing that. Sometimes it helps to just get busy at something and let the mind work on its own. Funny how ideas pop into one's head at times like that.

KC, I do hope you feel better now. lol

Cooler temps this weekend and a lot of large ash rounds to split....I also am looking forward to feeling better by Saturday night! :) The ash was free for me too so that right there already has me smiling.
When I use to lift weights I found that any stress in my life would greatly subside after an hour or so of "grunting"...I anticipate the same after splitting and the customary beer or two to follow!

muncybob said:
....and the customary beer or two to follow!

Ah, you'll never get rid of your stress that way. Grab 6.

I was on vacation for the last week or so. Got back home late Wed night and had to work Thursday and today. I have missed my splitting time. I hope to get some time out there soon... like tonight after work.

I split everything on my property a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to scrounge any new stuff. All this time with no splitting has taken its toll on me. Smashing the crap out of wood keeps me on an even keel. I need to get back to it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.