Went for a hike today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

My son and I went to the deleware water gap today, not far from the house, heres a few pics.......

2012-01-15101051.gif

2012-01-15114845-1.gif

2012-01-15134656-1.gif

awesome pics. i love winter hiking and camping. i cant wait till i can take my son. heres me and my buddies in the adks a couple months ago.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 560
I see no axe shame on you! Beautiful views buy the way that makes me want to move there and its good bonding for your son.

Pete

ecocavalier02 said:
awesome pics. i love winter hiking and camping. i cant wait till i can take my son. heres me and my buddies in the adks a couple months ago.

Very sweet. Is that mt marcy? Teaching your son about hiking and when he goes with you, and then bags the big stuff is priceless. Matt, 10 now has been hiking the last 5 years of his life, is part of the 4000 footers club, and has bagged 10 of them in new hampshire. He descended a 50 chimney and then ascended it (out &back;) like it was nothing. He getting better than me! Its a blessing really, and when your kids are ready, it will be a fine memorable moment. Theres just something about spending time in the back country, almost spiritual. Be well!

Pete....this was just one of those days the axe gets put away %-P

Yes, views were really nice on this clear cold day. I think I could see your pallet storage system from there! :lol:

Backwoods said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Very sweet. Is that mt marcy? Teaching your son about hiking and when he goes with you, and then bags the big stuff is priceless. Matt, 10 now has been hiking the last 5 years of his life, is part of the 4000 footers club, and has bagged 10 of them in new hampshire. He descended a 50 chimney and then ascended it (out &back;) like it was nothing. He getting better than me! Its a blessing really, and when your kids are ready, it will be a fine memorable moment. Theres just something about spending time in the back country, almost spiritual. Be well!

Yes, views were really nice on this clear cold day. I think I could see your pallet storage system from there! :lol:
yeah that was our 2nd day out of four and yeah that was as we were reaching the summit of marcy im the guy way in back.

Backwoods said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Hey maybe if I stand on my pallets I can see you :lol:

ecocavalier02 said:
Backwoods said:
ecocavalier02 said:

yeah that was our 2nd day out of four and yeah that was as we were reaching the summit of marcy im the guy way in back.

Very cool! I have a trucker friend that is finishing up all those 4000+ footers and he said its the best. I hope to get up there as soon a we are done the rest in nh! Good stuff!!

Pete- when I transfer wood in the spring, I'm gonna go back to your post for ideas. I have access to loads of skids, and plan on making some storage.

Backwoods said:
ecocavalier02 said:
Backwoods said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Very cool! I have a trucker friend that is finishing up all those 4000+ footers and he said its the best. I hope to get up there as soon a we are done the rest in nh! Good stuff!!

Pete- when I transfer wood in the spring, I'm gonna go back to your post for ideas. I have access to loads of skids, and plan on making some storage.

Put pics up so we can see ! Do you ever go there and sit all day and meditate ? I would forget all time and just sit there lol

Backwoods said:
My son and I went to the deleware water gap today, not far from the house, heres a few pics.......
Great views there Backwoods........I'll have to post some pics of our hikes here in the central PA mtns.....and as another poster said, where's yer axe??....lol....

ill put some up later . i got lots of em.

Thanks for posting your family hike. One thing about this website is my mountain envy keeps getting worse with you guys always posting great pics.

Fantastic pics . . . I always love seeing pics from other places.

heres some of me an my buddy in the white mt's nh. this was an exciting exhausting but disastrous trip lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 412
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 387
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 419
ecocavalier02 said:
heres some of me an my buddy in the white mt's nh. this was an exciting exhausting but disastrous trip lol.
Eco....what trail is this? The whites can be very unforgiving, especially in winter. I love to read/listen to ones adventures. Feel free to pm/email me sometime. I have some stories as well. Great pics btw....be well

that was the carter moriah trail couple years back. think we did carter dome and a couple others. it was tough cuz of the time of year. it was may and lots of blow down and melting snow made it virtually impossible to make time. falling through 4 5 feet of snow. made for a tuff trip. we ended early cuz it wasnt worth the time. but still had a good time.

heres some from the whites last year. we did the jewel trail up to mt washington then that wasnt enough so we climbed back up the other side on the last day we were there and did tuckermans. the first day it was blowing 80 at the top and one min u couldnt see a foot in front of u the next was clear as day. The whites are very unforgiving. and i think a lot tougher hiking then the adks.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 383
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 363
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 373
ecocavalier02 said:
heres some from the whites last year. we did the jewel trail up to mt washington then that wasnt enough so we climbed back up the other side on the last day we were there and did tuckermans. the first day it was blowing 80 at the top and one min u couldnt see a foot in front of u the next was clear as day. The whites are very unforgiving. and i think a lot tougher hiking then the adks.

Yea... Washington is in the clouds 90 % of the time. Last time I was there, there was a helicopter rescue off of Mt Oscoela. Still need to get to the adks tho

Status
Not open for further replies.