we're off!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pict

Sep 1, 2007
oklahoma
Finally started a couple of real fires in the new stove-nothing huge mind you, as the weather is not really freezing-just a bit cooler than comfortable outside on some nights.
I must say that the osburn 2200 is better at heating the house than I thought.
We live in an open plan 2200 sq ft manufactured home in the country, and so far the stove can heat the whole house comfortably.
the real test will be sub zero temps, but I'm sure it will be just fine.
I've been cutting wood like a maniac, and there's a large dead oak coming down today.
I'm glad to finally have a stove, as it really adds a focal point to the home-great to gaze at and watch the flames, and I'm feeling less stressed as I'm sure it relaxes me.
As soon as I can, I'll post some photies.

Welcome to the club!

Post pictures please pict.

pict said:
....great to gaze at and watch the flames...

I can imagine, I saw one of those at the stove shop the other day. That bay window is HUGE. You should definitely put up some pics.

Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pics. I burn the 2200i and just love the heat and great view of the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.