were to find somerset pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifixmy2

Sep 13, 2011
Ohio
Well after having my (out) with TSC local store, I did a search at http://somersetpellets.com/locator/
and found 2 local & independent sellers of Somerset pellets, both within 15miles of home. :)
Better yet they were cheaper W/O a discount coupon.
Bought 4 ton at $190/ton and 1 of the 4 stored in my shed. Even better results, because local grain elevator stores them inside, unlike the Big Box stores. With leftovers from last season, I'll be headed
into this coming winter with 5 ton on hand. Now to get this stove outside and do a complete teardown/cleaning.

Well after having my (out) with TSC local store, I did a search at http://somersetpellets.com/locator/
and found 2 local & independent sellers of Somerset pellets, both within 15miles of home. :)
Bought 4 ton at $190/ton and 1 of the 4 stored in my shed. Even better results, because local grain elevator stores them inside, unlike the Big Box stores. With leftovers from last season, I'll be headed
into this coming winter with 5 ton on hand. Now to get this stove outside and do a complete teardown/cleaning.

Where abouts was this in Ohio? $190 a ton is pretty good. They are normally $220 at my local Hardware store in Wellington. But Menards has them for $200 and then has a couple sales at a low $175 a ton....

5 ton of "Sets" is a damn good stash to have. :( jealous guy here :(

Just bought 3 tons of the somersets(7/15/12) in Vanwert OH. $199.50 at the TSC store.

That would be in the 45325 area code and not a distance for you Dexter, to save any money. Pretty much in opposite corners of the state.

That would be in the 45325 area code and not a distance for you Dexter, to save any money. Pretty much in opposite corners of the state.

I asked you before where you lived. But I forgot exactly where. But I knew it was pretty far away....

Thats a nice stash to have for this season and prob a bit of next season. Lucky Dog ;)

We are on the mailing list for Millstone SS in Columbiana,Oh....waiting for a flyer and will then get some Somersets,for sure.....

Lowes had 'set's 2 yrs ago, bought several tons , I still have a ton after realizing after last winterless winter that i'd beter save them for the real cold stuff, great pellet

Status
Not open for further replies.