Weso Prestige 125 info?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cableguy13571

Jan 17, 2011
South Jersey
Hi everyone, I was just given a Weso 125 from a friend at work. It was in the home he bought and he had no interest in burning. I decided to look online to find out clearance specs but I am having a heck of a time getting any information on these stoves. I know that they are imported and no longer available. Someone posted that they have an insanely low wall clearance requirement but I can not find where they found this information. I am planning a full scale wood heat invasion of my electrically heated home. The Weso was the first of 2 wood stoves I am being given. One is going in the garage, one is going inside. My home is small and space is limited, so I would like to put the one with the lower clearance requirement in the house. I like what I am hearing about the ceramic stoves radiating heat over a long period of time. Any and all information that can be passed on will be greatly appreciated. I know I could not put a stove in if I cannot reduce the "unknown stove" clearance standard of 48". I also know zero about the other stove I am getting. Thanks in advance for any help.

The Weso 125 is a tile jacketed stove. You'll need documentation from Weso to install it to their clearances so be sure to get the manual with installation instructions and clearance tables. If he doesn't have them, I notice one for sale on Craigslist with a manual. Perhaps you could get them to send you a copy for a small compensation?
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/2153059406.html

Also, check with the local authorities for code requirement for garage installations, especially if this is an attached garage. Stove in garages are often prohibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.