West PA - looking for seasoned wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MofoG23

Feeling the Heat
This is the first year my wife and I are heating with wood (just installed our insert this year). Anyways, we had a couple cord ready to go, but most of that is gone. I've dealt with a few "wood dealers" around here and have been less than happy with their "seasoned wood". Does anyone know of a good wood dealer around Pittsburgh that sells real seasoned wood?

Next year will be another story I hope...

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

The only guy I talked to who had what he called one year old wood, split a year ago, wanted $450 a cord. I can probably find his number, if you want to pay that.

I think pretty much everyone has to suffer through their first year.

dave11 said:
The only guy I talked to who had what he called one year old wood, split a year ago, wanted $450 a cord. I can probably find his number, if you want to pay that.

I think pretty much everyone has to suffer through their first year.

$450!?!?

No thanks - I appreciate the help though...

Status
Not open for further replies.