West Texas pellet burners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mscj

Feb 1, 2009
Plainview, TX
Anyone on here from the Amarillo-Lubbock-Midland area? I'm in Plainview, sources for pellets seem few and far between so far.....big box stores (Sutherlands in Amarillo and Lubbock, Tractor Supply locally) and one hearth shop in Amarillo are all I find. Where do you buy yours? Thanks, Mike.

Mike, from what I've seen, there are VERY few pellet burners in Texas, at least that are on this site.....you're kinda out in "no mans land". :-S

That's what I figured by looking around at the local vendors.....still, made a lot more sense both dollar and work wise to install a pellet stove instead of a woodburner to keep the lower level of my 2 story warmer. I can find pellets around, but no one has them on hand yet. I'd like to have my garage stocked before it gets cold, because when it does get cold enough to burn here, it usually happens overnight.....local saying of "if you don't like the weather, stick around a few hours" holds very true here. Best I found last year locally were Rocky Mountains at Sutherlands--hoping my local Tractor Supply gets some this year.

mscj said:
......Best I found last year locally were Rocky Mountains at Sutherlands--hoping my local Tractor Supply gets some this year.

Good pellets....hope you find them again. Forum member BTU mentioned something about the company not shipping them to the east coast this year, but hopefully you can still get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.