West Texas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
Had to Fly to Lubbock on family business, and I remember why I don't miss it had a little dust storm while I was there

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 372
I am from Lubbock. A guy I worked with had his car repainted. A while later he took his GF to a drive in movie and a 70 MPH sand storm blew through and removed the new paint job from his car.

Nasty stuff. Reminds me of when we stayed near the sand dunes in CA. I recall one time a pay phone plugged so tight you couldn't even get a quarter in the slot because of the sand.

wood spliter said:
Looks cool. But I'm sure its not.

If they are anything like the ones in Arizona, they are often more 'cool' than 'damaging.' The car wash joint love them.

In West Texas we used to joke that today you own your land, the next day your neighbor owns it.

Status
Not open for further replies.