westchester for pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tym4pellets

Nov 23, 2011
lower westchester co ny
Anyone known of a closer source for picking up pellets in lower West or Lower Fairfield, beside HD? I need to try something diff then the Dry Creek I have, seems to me very ashy, but i have yet to try anything else. I have had to clean flue after a ton burned.

Your flue should be cleaned every ton.. Regardless of Pellets. IMO.

tym4pellets said:
Anyone known of a closer source for picking up pellets in lower West or Lower Fairfield, beside HD?

Lowes?

Tri County Coal in Carmel? (845) 279-2046

DexterDay said:
Your flue should be cleaned every ton.. Regardless of Pellets. IMO.
sorry about that ! I have not been aware that I would need to clean flue pipe after a ton. I did so and it certainly needed it, I did so because of a fault code of 6 on my Harmon insert. I have been cleaning and vac every week. I dont think my cleaning of flue is even enuff. I have a 30' vert flue which is new.The flue was not blocked but i was able to knock out a quart or two of ask. ( no I did not use a leaf blower on my roof in 20 deg temp.) Anyway I appriciate any opions

imacman said:
tym4pellets said:
Anyone known of a closer source for picking up pellets in lower West or Lower Fairfield, beside HD?

Lowes?

Tri County Coal in Carmel? (845) 279-2046
THANKYOU , I'm still frustrated, called them , no website, nobody ever picked up phone,just a long message ,do you know what they sell , I want to pick up some diff pellets to try. Thanks again

Tri County is a trip to deal with an older lady is the person you talk to sometimes, if she picks up phone
she can be super nice or a mean, nasty B
they usually have Barefoot and New England and then
a cheap brand
Saturday is the only day you can go and try a few bags

also Home and Hearth in Cortlandt Manor they have a website
http://homeandhearth-mainst.com/

bbone said:
Tri County is a trip to deal with an older lady is the person you talk to sometimes, if she picks up phone
she can be super nice or a mean, nasty B
they usually have Barefoot and New England and then
a cheap brand
Saturday is the only day you can go and try a few bags

also Home and Hearth in Cortlandt Manor they have a website
http://homeandhearth-mainst.com/

Home and Hearth is were I get my pellets they have about 2 to 4 different brands in stock, they are not cheap, probably charging the going rates for that area

Home & Hearth is way higher priced than most, I paid $7/bag for some Cubex to try. Believe it or not our local Shoprite sells pellets, but is out at the moment, although they are getting more in. There is a place called (I think) Fireglow over in Yorktown which sells pellets, but I have not gotten over there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.