Western NC Neighbors..... Incredible

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddnic

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2013
North Carolina
A couple of days ago my neighbor asked me if I would like a poplar that they were having dropped by their deck. It was fairly large, about 34" at the base. They said that I could get the wood at my leisure over the next few months. I went to work and came home to find the popular cut to 18" lengths sitting beside my woodpile. My neighbor had the tree company cut it to length and drop it off at my house :)! Today my neighbor called me and said that he was bringing his splitter over to help me split it. We spent the next three or so hours splitting and stacking the wood. It was probably a little over a cord of wood.

WHAT AMAZING NEIGHBORS!!! So thankful for the wood but even more so for the great people that I get to share life with :).

Great story! Where in western NC are you? I'm planning to retire to Black Mountain in another couple of years. Looking forward to being around friendly people... :)

I live in WNC and I have great neighbors also. The folks in front of us that we bought our house from are always willing to loan us tools or whatever we need as we slowly fix up the place. When we had some family stuff going on out of state, they brought meals and even babysat our kiddos for me. Loaned us a couple of axes when we had the tree come down. Good people.
Our other neighbor has a downed tree and is a pellet burner. He said to come get it whenever we wanted to. He has a few more trees he is going to take down over the next year and said we could have the wood. Can't beat that.
Another neighbor has been dropping off produce from her garden because she cannot use it fast enough. Sees all the kids running around and loves that we brought our nieces into our family. She said, people are not like that anymore and knew we special. Said to expect more as her garden continues to produce.
Lots of nice people around...a lot of times, help is just a hello away.

Reactions: toddnic
Great story! Where in western NC are you? I'm planning to retire to Black Mountain in another couple of years. Looking forward to being around friendly people... :)
I am about 1 1/2 hours further west from Black Mountain. If you look at a map look for either Cashiers or Highlands. It is between 4,000 & 5,000 ft. in elevation in the southern part of the state.

As a crow flies, we're neighbors!
Hey, neighbor!! !

Reactions: toddnic
Status
Not open for further replies.