Westwood Pellets anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razz05

Oct 4, 2008
Western MA
I waited WAY too long to order, and these are the only ones available through pelletsales.com. I don't know of any other place that's cheaper that will deliver. Anyone used Westwood pellets? I can't seem to find any reviews on them at all. They're considered "premium" pellets, but I'm ordering for myself and 2 other people (total of 9 tons), so I'd hate to have them be crappy.

Yeah, I found their website, but can't find any kind of reviews on them at all. They are considered premium pellets, so I might just have to bite the bullet and buy them. I only have 1 ton in the basement, that certainly won't get me through the winter.

You have a ton in the basement try a test burn (not sure if your stove is installed but if not maybe a friend could)

I can't really do that. My stove IS installed, but the pellets are coming from 2+ hours away. They'll only deliver 3+ tons at a time :(. It's the only place I can order from because everyone else nearby is sold out.

I picked up 4 tons of these just over the ma line in NH. Did a test burn last night and all looks good so far. I think there are more of these coming in the next week or two.
http://www.pikepellets.com/Welcome.html

I'm getting them from NH as well. Would you mind updating me to let me know how they're doing? I'm probably going to order tomorrow.

Razz post after you burn one and let us know the outcome, I hope its a good post and hope the Westwards ae good too.

Has anyone tried these pellets yet ? If so, how would you rate them ? I have 4 tons but no stove, my XXV is suppose to be delivered in early December.

razz05 said:
Well, I just ordered 12 tons. I hope they're decent pellets LOL.

Razz, with 12 tons coming, you MORE than qualify to become a member of the Pellet Pig Club.....just state your tonnage in your signature, and your in.....Oh, and put the Grand Pooba's proclamation in there too...LOL

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- (Grand Pooba - Pellet Pig Club)

I dont know what a good version bad pellet is, since I just got my stove installed. But I did have 10 bags of Energix that a local supplier was selling in just 10 bags max. About 2 weeks ago I lucked out and 45 tons of the Westwood stuff arrived at Home Depot in Ontario. Everyone else across the board were sold out except the farmer with the rare Energix shipment.

I found the Energix had a taller flame at the same setting on my P38 Harmon. When I went to the Westwood the flame was smaller at the same setting but brighter. Appears to be the same heat. Given the supply around here, I took what I could find, lucky to have the 3 tons.

Only minor issue is the Westwood are in cheaper thinner bags, to the point the seal on the top would sometimes open on its own from normal carrying. The energix required a knife to cut open the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.