wet dream

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregbesia

Feeling the Heat
Jan 26, 2009
central CT
Seen one town over in CT. When asked , I was told that all of it would be turned to chips. What a shame.
I was wondering , cant we find some kind of law prohibiting waste of national resources - while at war no less !!!

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 573
I drive by that pile on a regular basis. Chips? What a waste.

KC

What a shame but if pressed they would say they are not wasting it and somehow it would be your fault for suggesting firewood

Not shown in the picture , there is huge pile of wood chips in the back , just rotting there . Sheer stupidity .

who can forget this ZZ Top classic

When I woke up this morning
I was feeling mighty good.
My baby understood had to do what she should
Lying near a pile of wood.
Laying it on some,
Playing with it some
When I, I woke up with wood.

I was lying there thinking 'bout basketball
Trying not to lose my mind
My baby came to help and I let out a yell,
She grabbed me from behind.
Laying on it some,
Playing with it some

Beauty queens fall in trances,
Debutantes lose their furs.
But it felt so good from where they stood,
They were working on a pile of wood.
Laying on it some,
Playing with it some

- Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill & Frank Beard

NYC sends all there trees to one vendor who chips it all and sells the mulch back to the city.

drive by that all the time to. right off 72 you can see it to. i always wondered what they were going to do with that.

that looks like a lot of elm. Maybe they are chipping to eliminate elm beetles that spread Dutch Elm Disease, or at least that is the idea. In fact I think that wood has lain there long enough for the beetles to leave on their own so chipping now won't help.

Like the thousands, maybe millions, of ash trees here ground into chips trying to stop or maybe slow the cussed EAB. All the BTU's that could have warmed so many homes. What a waste.

Grinding trees into chips is not necessarily a waste . . . it could be turned into mulch, chips sold to wood mill pellets or chips sold to bio-fuel facilities. Our local high school has a bio chip furner that burns wood chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.