WETT Code Compliance Course Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolai

Nov 16, 2007
Western Ontario
Hi guys,

I'm looking for anyone that could give me some info on doing the canadian WETT courses. I'm currently in the military but I would like to become a qualified wood/pellet installer as the demand in my area is very large and it's something that I really love to do.

It states on the WETT site that anyone can do the code compliance course, but they recommend that you have atleast 80hrs on the job experience. Now, I have installed 2 pellet stoves, a wood stove and a new wood furnace and had them all WETT inspected with no problems. I can't document my hours because it's just something I did on my own. I would like to become Sweep/Installer qualified while i'm still in the Army so I don't have the option of getting a job with an installer to gain the hours they recommend(plus i'm sure it wouldn't equal my current salary).

Can I just do the courses and continue working on my own or should I save my money?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nick

Get in touch with George Leblanc at Maritime Fireplaces, he set you up in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.