WETT inspection cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jerkzack

Nov 22, 2021
Canada
I just recently installed a new wood insert and my insurance wants a WETT certified inspector to come sign off on it. Is $420 ballpark for this service?

I know this can vary wildly depending on area, distance to travel, etc etc, but I'm trying to figure out if the quote I received is reasonable, or is there maybe a premium for the time of year and how busy these guys are right now?

My dealer is close by and charged me 150 as I had bought 2 stoves from him

I just called a couple other places I'm currently waitlisted on and they're $185 and $210. I think I'll wait it out. Thanks all!

I got the form from my insurance company and filled most of it out myself.he Basically had everything done except a visual inspection and going over my measurements.

20221128_170519.jpg