What’s the temp inside YOUR home?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
73 °F . Been having a fire in the morning and evening. The new little kitchen Hampton is perfect for this weather. I thought I would only burn it to take up the slack in that part of the house that is hard for the old Buck to get to. But the old Buck is just to much heat this time of the year, so I tried the little Hampton......perfect. The old Buck can rest until it gets colder. :)

pen said:
Keep braggin' you, you, big bragger!

We all know you have a big one, don't need to keep showin' it off!!!!

;-P

pen

Sorry....so sorry....I'm done now! :)

rdust said:
pen said:
It's a blazeking.

But, w/ a good ash bed I've just gone my 2nd day of loading the stove w/ 14 hours inbetween a load of 3 - 4 decent sized pieces of wood.

The definition of "burn time" is open to a lot of interpretation. Do a search on this site and you'll see what I mean.

pen

Right now my stove top is 300* after 24 hours and it was 300* this morning. That is the perfect stove top temp. for this time of year for my house. No roller coaster ups/downs and no time wasted fiddling loading small fires. I don't expect this type of result once it's cold but I'm digging the free time right now!
Gota love it!

Small fire last night. 55 outside today and sunny. House is still 70 due to cooking & solar gain. No fire tonight ...and surly the beast will kick in around 5am to keep the house comfy (just for 1hr or so). Again calling for 56 tomorrow so maybe a fire in the evening. I have gone through 1/3 the wood I normally do by Nov 1st!!! I like it since all I have is hardwood & it pains me to burn it now. Global warming....or is it cyclical?

85 in stove room right now. 30 outside. Had it up to 525 stovetop with 3 med pieces and shut down to around 1. I don't always like the flame going out and coming back to a few ploofs of flame, so I opened it up a small amont for light steady flame. Prob here is if I add a couple pieces now it will be at 90 soon. Do have a fan as mentioned at ground level blowing into stove room and does help move heat out. The next morning cause I don't need to load crazy at these temps there will be no big hot coals so I basically will have a cold start at 5am.

Status
Not open for further replies.