What a difference a year makes!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
It's my first birthday today as Hearth.com member.

Thanks to everyone who has made me so welcome over the year, and a huge thanks for all the knowledge I have gained here.

A year ago, I was trying to protect my little pile of seasoned wood from snow:

IMG_3397.jpg

A year on, the pile has grown from 2 pallets, to 7 pallets, 3 greenhouses full, another 2 cords in the shed, and half a cord in the conservatory, in case we get snowed in and can't make it to the proper pile!

I still have a way to go to get near Backsav, but I'm working on it, I have not even started on last years seasoned wood, so I'm ahead for next year, and have a good stock for the year after:

Wood6thDecember2011.jpg

I suppose I ought to take it easier on the wood scrounging now, but the truth is, I'm more addicted than ever.

Which is the way I reckon it ought to be ;-)

Peer pressure is a groan. Look at all the work this site has made you do :lol:

pen

Good Stuff! Happy hearth.com anniversary!

woodchip said:
It's my first birthday today as Hearth.com member.

Thanks to everyone who has made me so welcome over the year, and a huge thanks for all the knowledge I have gained here.

A year ago, I was trying to protect my little pile of seasoned wood from snow:

Woodchip, nice job on getting ahead on your wood supply.

Happy Birthday
Zap

Happy Hearth Anniversary.

Getting ahead is a lot of work sometimes.
It only took you a year! Congrats!!

That's a pretty pile of wood. I was checking out your pix and realized that non- burners would probably think we qualify for some kind of hoarders' intervention. We, however, know that he who dies with the most wood will never die.

Now where are the rest of the pictures? I'm willing to bet that you have all of the rest of us trumped on the amount of wood stored in our conservatories . . .

Snowleopard,

Here is the greenhouse wood earlier, 3 greenhouses are stacked full:

IMG_8399.jpg

And here is the nice level bulk bag of wood that my wife permitted me to bring into the conservatory a couple of weeks ago:

Bulkbagofwoodinconservatory.jpg

And here are 2 bulk bags of wood overfilled to the limit, pictured today, just in case we get snowed in (no snow forecast of course).

But you just have to be ready......... ;-)

Conservatory6thDecember2011.jpg

Good stuff, woodchip. Since this thread is really all about your beautiful cache of firewood, I'm going to move it over into The Wood Shed forum. Keep posting, and stay warm! Rick

IMG_8399.jpg

I've been to two goat ropings and a county fair and have never seen nothing like that......I LIKE IT!

Nice work! Feels real good to see a lot of wood on property! Cheers!

Nice to see our friends on the other side of the pond working hard, stacking wood, and enjoying all that warm heat. Great pics with cool storage ideas. BTW, keep at it woodchip and you'll catch backwoods savage. He's busy messing with a bunch of pine! :)

Very nicely done woodchip. btw, what are the barrels along the fence?

That looks awesome !!! Nice job !!

I kinda like the green house idea :)

Yep, you have a problem woodchip. :lol: Nice problem to have though. Good work man, and keep posting the pics. Thanks.

Hey woodchip - When do you have time to get all of that wood when you're averaging 3 posts a day on this site for the last year..

I've already read and learned alot from you. Nice pics!

Nice stash, 'chip!
Looks like four structures there. Is the one in the back still used as a greenhouse as opposed to an "un-greening" house? :)

Nice job! I like those pallets, they are a little taller than I'm used to seeing.

Oregon Bigfoot

Dude, that's nuts. Are those leftover greenhouses from some other project? Is that glass or plexiglass/lexan (and if glass, how are none of the side panels broken)? Are greenhouses better for seasoning wood? It seems like they'd inhibit moisture loss.

You took the "Bull by the horns, tail & gonads"
You'll have some good wood for a few years for sure.
We know the work involved to get it to what you have.
My back hurts just thinking about it :)
Great job!
PS: Hope you burn enough to empty the Green Houses, you need room for tomatoes next spring ;)

Backwoods Savage said:

They are old recycled originally used to import mustard from Dijon.

Cleaned out, they make great water storage for thr greenhouses, for all the tomatoes growing during Summer.

I store rainwater in them, plants prefer rainwater to tapwater, the water is free, and the storage is free.

It's nice to see them full at the start of a drought and water restrictions...... ;-)

bogydave said:
PS: Hope you burn enough to empty the Green Houses, you need room for tomatoes next spring ;)

I really have to do some serious burning soon, my wife mentioned the greenhouse wood a couple of days ago...... ;-)

Alright, I'll bite.... what's a 'conservatory'?

woodchip said:
Backwoods Savage said:

They are old recycled originally used to import mustard from Dijon.

Cleaned out, they make great water storage for thr greenhouses, for all the tomatoes growing during Summer.

I store rainwater in them, plants prefer rainwater to tapwater, the water is free, and the storage is free.

It's nice to see them full at the start of a drought and water restrictions...... ;-)

Nice job on the wood.

I collect water for the garden and orchard in a similar set-up. Usually no drought here but we are on a well and I really hate to pay the electric bill.

Very nice greenhouses & wood supply,Woodchip.That's almost like a solar kiln. :coolsmile:

Congrats on 1 year anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.