What a huge difference

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2012
Eastern Maine
I'm new to heating with pellets, I have a 10-CPM that I got from AM-FM energy this past summer and I'm very happy with the stove. Here in Maine it's starting to get cold enough to run the stove at least part of the day and while I was waiting for my ton of Corinth pellets to arrive I bought a bag of Green Team's at Lowes, which is a pellet that seems to not get very favorable reviews. I had nothing to compare it to until I started burning the corinths, and what a huge difference - a lot more dramatic than I would have thought. I got way more heat from the Green Teams - on setting one the blower ran constantly. With the Corinths on setting one it rarely gets hot enough to run the blower, and on setting two the blower cycles. At least at the higher settings I should go through the ton pretty fast when it gets really cold and I can move on to another brand. I had no idea there was such a big difference.

Welcome my friend.

The Green Teams get very favorable reviews here, the Green Supremes maybe less the are re bagged NEWP[new england wood pellets]. Green Teams are one of the favorite Big Box store pellets.

I don't have any experience with Corinth's something you may want to try is get more Green Teams and mix them in with the Corinth's may help you get some more heat out of them.

Where you are in Maine you should have several choices of pellets, softwoods and the blends. Try every brand that you can get your hands on 3-5 bags at a time figure out what your stove likes then buy in tons.

Good Luck Happy Burning

will

Status
Not open for further replies.