What A Nasty Cold Spring!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drizler

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Chazy, NY 12921
I thought about cleaning out the corn burner a month ago but it was just cold enough that I needed it once in a while. Damn, here it is nearly mid June and I haven't gone for more than a week without running the thing. Between the nearly nonstop rain and the cold You have to wonder if Summer is ever going to come around. Even the weather pattern has been running backwards part of the time like some sort of wierd Noreaster that won't go away.

It's been kind of crazy around here in the upper Midwest also. Last Memorial day weekend it was in the 90's. This weekend upper 60's. I even had a fire to take off the chill Friday night. We could use some of your rain, it's been dry here.

It's been a nice spring here in the Mid Atlantic. Aside from a few hot days last week, it's been nice and mild. Good weather to get some wood cut.

Been beautiful here. It was 90-92 degrees last week. We're getting a little bit of rain (which I wish would make it down MSG's way) I've already got the AC on and the stove is cleaned and ready to go for next season.

The weather report said that it has rained 33 of the past 40 days here in southern maine. The wettest may on record and june is approaching. I have a bunch of lumber I had milled to build a wood shed but I might build an arc instead.

Mike, no different here in eastern MA. I have yet installed the screens in the storm doors. Really have not needed them.
Finally yesterday I got some othside work done.

Supposedly it snowed in Lake Placid over the weekend. A bit south we didn't get any snow, but it sure was an ugly weekend. I split and stacked a cord of wood, and was still depressed. The garden has basically stalled out.

We burned wood saturday night and most of sunday. We are just over the Vermont Border in Quebec..Also got 4 inches of rain from friday to sunday...I can believe that Placid got snow, On sunday am we were in the 40's...Put the garden off till next weekend..again...

Status
Not open for further replies.