What a splitter!! Widow maker??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankBlankBlank

Minister of Fire
Oct 12, 2011
PA
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HZztie5ac&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

I watched this a few times. Each time I had this nagging feeling that a log was going to whack that guy in the head or the the truck was suddenly going to drop and take off.

If I going to get hurt with a log splitter I would like it to at least be a fast one lololl. Those things are so slow and then there is all the bending over. And that guy was working on slippery ground to boot.

He just needs a red milk crate.

I kinda like this one.

Here's mine. It's dangerous but so are many things we do.

Attachments

• small3.jpg
    small3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,188
Highbeam said:
Here's mine. It's dangerous but so are many things we do.

I had one of those and I split may tons of firewood. I could split my wood where I cut the tree, which meant no heavy loading for transport, and it was virtually maintenance free.
I think most people that got injured, or killed, with this splitter, didn't follow the safety instructions.
I powered mine with a MF 135 Diesel and I imprivized a "fool proof" engine stop. Fortinately I never had to use it but I ALWAYS hooked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.