What a weather change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Was in the Palm springs California area playing golf 2 days ago, came home to this. _g
5" of new wet snow. Have to re-climatize.

100_7272.JPG100_7380.JPG

If I ever make it to Cal, it'll be someplace way N like Cresent City.

Send us some of your snow . . . hell, it's been cold anyway this spring, we might as well have snow to go with it at least.

I've spent some time in Crescent city. I don't recommend it.

Our temps have been getting back to normal at night and we're all freezing. 56F in my house this am.

When I was ate up with it, I used to play golf in 40* weather. I generally avoided playing in the snow, however...
Where is Butcher's sig pic when you need it? ;lol

Despite the fact its been a warm winter here, it's shapeing up 2 B the longest heating season. We started fire mid-Oct, and the nights are still getting into the mid 20's.

Hopefully I won't regret asking this . . . what's wrong in Cresent City? I was on my way there the first time I went to Seattle. Never made the last leg of the journey.Since that time I've been completly infatuatied with Olympia/Snosqualmie/Seattle/Vancouver. One day I may actually make it to Whistler.

More sn:eek:w pics, please:cool:

Anchorage set it's all time record for snow accumulation this winter. And it still ain' t over up there!

Glad you got there Dave and hope you had a great time.

I saw on the news today that Anchorage officially set a new record for snow at 133.6". That beat the old record by 1" and that was set in 1954. I was still young then and that was the year I started to work for a neighbor on the farm. Having 2 older brothers left me with jobs they didn't want to do so I just walked to a neighbors and within 2 days I was milking his cows and still going to school.

Tks Dennis
Had a great time. several rounds of golf, had to learn how to sweat. 1 day was in the 90s, I melted.
Back here to over 14 hours of sun but still freezing at night, snow melting during the days.
For BTUs: My yard today
40s in the daytime.100_7383.JPG
Gonna have lost of standing water soon, muddy mess, that's "Break -up".
Should've stayed in Palm springs another week :). Got things to do here though, get ready for summer.

bogydave, I have tried everything else since I broke my back, but haven't got up the nerve to try my golf game. I have gone through the motions and am afraid the back isn't quite ready for the turn in the golf swing. At the least, I don't think I will have much power or length. Sure hope I can again someday.

I'm shaping up to burn more wood in April than I did in March. Very strange "winter" for certain.

Had several weeks of very nice weather in March, that will help tide me over.

pen

We are finally getting a stretch of normal seasonal weather. Night time temps are in the mid-40s and daytime mid 50s or 60s if it's sunny. Feels good to get out of the cave and working the gardens again.

I am able to get the GH ready, close to 80°in there the past few days.
The problem is still having the 20° nights.
Hopefully by next week I can have the tomatoes in.
Palm Springs is getting to hot, in the 90s & climbing, over 100 soon.
Snow is melting pretty fast with the long sunny days here

That snowfall was really sporatic. In Anchorage they only recorded 1". I got about 3" here at the house, probably was closer to 5" if you count what melted when it fell on the still warm/wet ground.

bogydave, I have tried everything else since I broke my back, but haven't got up the nerve to try my golf game. I have gone through the motions and am afraid the back isn't quite ready for the turn in the golf swing. At the least, I don't think I will have much power or length. Sure hope I can again someday.

And you'd best not be trying it either Steve!

Reactions: tfdchief

Accuracy on your drives will pay off,and the short game and putting and you will be competitive! I haven't played for 5-6 years because of my back,but I can still drive the beer cart:)

Gary

Reactions: tfdchief
That's the only fun part about golf! It's kinda like fishing, just an excuse to drink.

Accuracy on your drives will pay off,and the short game and putting and you will be competitive! I haven't played for 5-6 years because of my back,but I can still drive the beer cart:)

Gary

Reactions: pen
Status
Not open for further replies.