What a week it's been!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Went to Lbi Sunday afternoon to take boat out of water. Didn't go so well. Tide too high. Needed to tie and weather storm.

got word yesterday boat and parents house made it. Can't get down for several days. Glad house Is ok. Been in family since 60s. Just purchased boat last year and run charter business in summer so I'm relieved.

No power at home since night of storm.

Yesterday, mom tells me people she sold my grandfathers house to in pa had 9 mature black locusts fall and not one hit house! Went over yesterday to help buck and of course take some. And then, to top if off, piece of wood bounced up knocked window and shattered back window of truck.

Was nice though to walk my sons around for Halloween.

In the end, boat and parents house ok. No power at home yet. As much black locust I want. A shattered window and 2 happy little boys! Oh, and a very patient, slightly frazzled wife.

Glad you came through the storm in good shape, kinda funny to go through all that then bash out your own window with stick of wood....Sorry that happened.

Rough week...but sounds like you made it out pretty good, and with a good attitude to boot.

Glad to here everything is well Buckscounty. You are very fortunate to have only lost a window in the truck. Good for you. And to score some seriously nice BTUs, that is also good for you. Do everything you can with those boys. Kids are the most important!!!!!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Just got power back on here 4:00 A.M. Aside from some water in the basement and garage and stressed-nerves from thinking that the whole upstairs was going to be ripped off and/or trees down we are fine Praise God! 800,000 without power here in PA. so to only be out 55 hours is NOTHING compared to what some are going through!!

PLEASE send prayers, thoughts and well-wishes out to those that truly need them...we can't keep going through this nonsense every October!!! :mad: :(

loc2.JPG
Some of the locust that fell. These guys were really lucky nothing hit the house. True circle of life here. My mother told me my grandfather planted all of these trees a long time ago when they moved in mid 50s. He's been passed for 15 years now. The couple that bought the house graciously told me to take whatever I wanted. 11 in total. Here are a few.

loc1.JPG

To bad to lose all those trees. But good BTUs for you. Luckily for them no serious damage to the buildings. Very fortunate. I bet you are saving them some money by taking the trees for them BucksCounty, works out good for all. Stay safe.

yes.

glad no one was hurt or house damaged.
and holey moley what a score!
i would be in bowstaves forever !

Status
Not open for further replies.