What a wood burner may want to see in northern MN while on vacation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeK

Oct 12, 2014
MN
Last summer we finally made it up to the Boundary Waters area in my home state of MN. I wanted to see the stone work from the WPA era at the Minnesota Museum of Mining, so that was one of our stops. There is a beautiful fireplace there. There was lots of old equipment that the kids could also actually touch and climb in as well.

We also drove by the home of the Kuuma Vapor-Fire furnace, I believe that is still in Tower, MN. I am not in the market for a furnace, but that kind of stuff just gets me very excited.

At the trail center in Bear Head lake state there is a small masonry heater. I was very surprised to see one, and this is the only masonry heater I have seen in person.

1651406492116.png

I couldn't fine a picture online of the stone fireplace inside the museum building.

Pics of masonry heater from my phone. I thought if this was a manufactured heater there may be a tag or something, I couldn't find anything on it. Perhaps someone knows more about this heater?

20210712_164745.jpg 20210712_164701.jpg 20210712_164651.jpg

Maybe a Tulikivi?

Reactions: MikeK