What About A Yearly Hearth.com Gathering

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Johnson said:
Webmaster said:
We traveled about 25 miles to the hosts house and , lo and behold, met a bunch of folks that looked like they had just been thrown off the Jerry Springer show!

Now you're getting personal, Craig.

Well, perhaps they also looked at me with my Beard and Long hair and thought somewhat the same.....but our little ring stopped talking so much after that!

It was probably the "mystery" factor - like a man or woman with clothes on being sexier than one without......here we are actually quite naked, just thoughts and brain farts. In person, we have more warts.....if that's possible.

When my wife was a little girl she finally got to meet Captain Kangeroo, her hero. Of course, in person he was quite mean and cursed at the kids and parents behind their backs. Another case where the perception was high!

HarryBack said:
BUT anyways....what about High Meadows, in Granby, CT? Something for everyone.

Tell us more about High Meadows. Noticed how many times this post got hyjacked.

What I think is in order is to figure out who may come and where they reside . At that point a central location
could be determined. Like Craig said No great expectations. It could turn into nothiing . Could be a lot of fun.
One can Speculate till the cows come home, but will never know till it is tried

HarryBack said:
Hmmmm....like to meet you too, Elk....but I fear the assembly.....a bunch of ethanol-crazed super Neo-Liberal Activists with chainsaws and fire......methinks its a conspiracy to lure my Republican NeoCon bum over there as the sacrificial lamb! *shiver*
:red:

HarryBack, you needn't worry. I'll be there too, so it will be at least two of us "NeoCons."

elkimmeg said:
HarryBack said:
BUT anyways....what about High Meadows, in Granby, CT? Something for everyone.

Tell us more about High Meadows. Noticed how many times this post got hyjacked.

What I think is in order is to figure out who may come and where they reside . At that point a central location
could be determined. Like Craig said No great expectations. It could turn into nothiing . Could be a lot of fun.
One can Speculate till the cows come home, but will never know till it is tried

I will be there for sure. I reside in MA, so CT is a short drive for me.

It seems to me that a program of informative sessions with knowledgable speakers would be in order. I propose:

Subject: Elm, Love It or Leave It
Speaker: Warren

Subject: How to Burn a Whole National Forest Every Winter
Speaker: Eric

Subject: Pine is Fine
Speaker: Mountainstoveguy

Subject: The Complete Guide to Contacting Harmon: Phone/Fax/Email/Smoke Signals/Carrier Pigeons
Speaker: Lime 4X4

Subject: Zen and the Art of Burning in a Winter Warm Large
Speaker: Mo Heat

Subject: Great Deals on Stoves (Subtitle: Picking up real values from owners that failed my inspections.
Speaker: Elkimeg

Subject: Fun Things to Do While the Dealer Holds Your Stove Hostage
Speaker: Hotflame

Subject: Dealer Relations
Speaker: Wahoowad

Subject: Charm School for Online Relationships
Speaker: Dylan

Special Dinner Event Night One

Special guests Frank Ivey and Craig Issod discuss the future of energy in the world economy.

Come prepared for a long evening.

You forgot yourself, Bart.

Subject: My Short-Lived Career as a Wood Thief
Speaker: BrotherBart

Eric Johnson said:

After he made bail expounds on the experience
Location Alice's resturant

Im honored to be mentioned LOL. Nice post brother bart. It would be cool to coridnate this with HPBA, then all you guys can see every thing the industry has to offer, and them some. And then at least it gets moved every year to accomidate different parts of the US

Eric Johnson said:

Love it. I never tire of telling of getting busted for trash collecting. I could do a PowerPoint presentation on the proper use of busted 2X4s for kindling.

And their use in tunneling under prison walls.

Shane said:
How about Manville Wy. It has 1 person, numerous dogs, a bar, a railroad track, and several trailers. Great little town.

Dear Lord, Shane....Ive actually BEEN there!....or how about the thriving metropolis of Bill, WY?

Sorry harry
In the rotor rooter section
Hary Back
displaying how to unplug an energy saver toilet

Not mentioned in a while, But still considering options. One plan was to meet at VC and all could have a tour of the foundry.
Most have voiced for it happening in late Sept.

I will save some rounds of american rock elm for the festivities. With any luck I will go home with it split.

TB I have not forgotten to help you install your stove along with other hearth members Got to work that out.

Anybody from Pittsburg area I will be at my Brothers this summer for a wedding

IF you guys supply the free beer, I will supply all the free carp you want to eat. Someone needs to supply some cedar planks. And with all those stoves, we can cook the carp on the cedar planks with seasoning, then toss the carp and eat the planks.

Good old American food (as I have been told)

Carpniels (notice the name).

Status
Not open for further replies.