What about the Caddy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wallpaper79

Jul 23, 2008
NL Canada
Any one in here use the Caddy EPA furnace. This will be a new install and I will be looking to heat approximately 3000SF.

Thanks

We heat with a Caddy. Our home is a large old home, but it is well insulated. It keeps us warm. Is your home a new home? The furnaces burn cleanly and produce long burns and good heat.

It will be a new home....We haven't started building it yet. I am glad to hear that the furnace is working out for you. Thanks, for you reply.

Cheers

I switched to the caddy also,one of the best things i ever did in wood heating that is.wood heating has never been as easy as it has been now.cleaner,safer,less labor ,I will never go back to the old style,non epa.hope this helps

what ever choice you make ,just make sure you check ou the epa ones ,it is way worth it

Also, even with new construction and what I'm guessing will be a tight house, go with the max caddy. It's only about $4000 and you'll get those long burns now matter how cold it gets.

spray foam - as much of the house as you can - 2x4 walls closed cell - 2x6 walls open cell - this is the best money you can spent on your new house project.

FyreBug said:
Check out this guys' video of his Caddy

Thats my video I made when I first started to use the furnace. I was shocked, and at that time the chimney had a bad overdraft. Since then I have lined the chimney to the proper size and tamed the beast. Still it puts out a nice light show. It never gets old seeing the fire.

Just replaced my Englander 28-3500 with a Caddy. So far, I love it. I swear this thing can go 12+ hours and still have plenty of hot coals to fire it up again. I'm having it ducted into my current Hydro system tomorrow so that it can utilize my supply and return system. Can't wait. This unit will surely burn much less wood than the Englander did. I have already had fires in it like the one shown in the video above. It's very cool. Purchased it from fellow hearth member "Franks" who was great to deal with. It was an excellent transaction.

ronoz said:
Just replaced my Englander 28-3500 with a Caddy. So far, I love it. I swear this thing can go 12+ hours and still have plenty of hot coals to fire it up again. I'm having it ducted into my current Hydro system tomorrow so that it can utilize my supply and return system. Can't wait. This unit will surely burn much less wood than the Englander did. I have already had fires in it like the one shown in the video above. It's very cool. Purchased it from fellow hearth member "Franks" who was great to deal with. It was an excellent transaction.

Awesome! They are nice furnaces, and will be pretty simple once you get used to burning in a EPA unit. Ours does well, but we still have alot of heat loss in our home that needs to be addressed. You should post a new post, or post some pictures of your install.

Franks said:
Thanks Buddy, I'll send your commision check in the mail, even though your a dirty stinking Patriots fan

Frank should start a fan club! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.