What about the Englander Model # 25-EPI Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyiiiafl

Nov 23, 2016
Cape Cod, MA
Any input or 1st hand experience with this stove? I have had a Whitfield Profile 30 that has been trouble free for 9 years and ow has become a problem. Instead of throwing more money at it, I saw this AND the 24 month 0% financing at HD. Any help making me pull the trigger or re holstering the weapon would be great!

I thought old Whitfields never died, but people refurbish them and keep them going.

Reactions: Lake Girl
I thought old Whitfields never died, but people refurbish them and keep them going.
That's what I thought, however, I just need something to run. I am away a lot, and well, I am tired of a "money pit". I have never been thrilled with the stove, just happy with it. I did pull the trigger on the Englander, delivered here Monday. However, won't get installed for a couple weeks as I am away again. I read the reviews and while not perfect, I think it will fit the bill for 3 to 5 years. I really wanted a Harman, but not ready to throw that much $$ out right now. HD made it easy with their 24 month 0% financing.

I had one years back. It was a decent stove but required a daily dump of the burn pot. It would also be temperamental at times blowing out the settings. I went through 2 igniters in 2.5 years.

I went with a Harman p35i and have never looked back!

I may be wrong but I think you can get a new Harman on time as well. We have two Harman dealers on the Cape.

Good luck with the new stove. Make sure you install it with the OAK as required by ESW!

Reactions: Lake Girl
... makers of Timber Ridge, Summers Heat and Englander stoves! Sorry for the confusion.

LOl, no worries and thank you! See, it HAS been 9 years since I had to install a stove!
OAK is Outside Air Kit. That's for the intake air, so the stove sucks air from outdoors rather than from within the house.

Stove just came in, picking it up tonight. Wont get to install it until 12/24. SO hoping that he old exhaust from the Profile 30 and this line up so I don't have to bore another hole in the back of the fireplace!

OMG! What a beast to install. I phoned Englander on Friday and the techie on the other end was clueless. I have the stove, and a THREE piece shroud for the insert to hide the fireplace. Here is where the crap hits the fan. There is NO WAY to slide the stove into the fireplace, hook up the exhaust, OAK, AND then secure the fireplace shroud! The shroud has places it bolts to the stove.....NO access once stove is slid into place. The right and left panel bolt to the top of the shroud, NO PLACE to access these bolts once the stove is slid into place. The TOP has slots for it to SLIDE under the hinge bolts, Again NO ACCESS to these bolts once stove is slid into place. WTF????

When I spoke to tech support, he said a client just took some Aluminum diamond plate and cut a piece so it would slide over the stove and be secured. I wouldn't want shiny aluminum diamond plate in my living room.

SERIOUSLY, has ANYONE truly installed one of there in your fireplace and been successful? I am at my wits end here. According tot he installation video, flex pipe was used. I am using pellet pipe through the wall and up an external stove pipe chimney. I may have to get creative with the shroud

Last edited:
OMG! What a beast to install. I phoned Englander on Friday and the techie on the other end was clueless. I have the stove, and a THREE piece shroud for the insert to hide the fireplace. Here is where the crap hits the fan. There is NO WAY to slide the stove into the fireplace, hook up the exhaust, OAK, AND then secure the fireplace shroud! The shroud has places it bolts to the stove.....NO access once stove is slid into place. The right and left panel bolt to the top of the shroud, NO PLACE to access these bolts once the stove is slid into place. The TOP has slots for it to SLIDE under the hinge bolts, Again NO ACCESS to these bolts once stove is slid into place. WTF????

When I spoke to tech support, he said a client just took some Aluminum diamond plate and cut a piece so it would slide over the stove and be secured. I wouldn't want shiny aluminum diamond plate in my living room.

SERIOUSLY, has ANYONE truly installed one of there in your fireplace and been successful? I am at my wits end here. According tot he installation video, flex pipe was used. I am using pellet pipe through the wall and up an external stove pipe chimney. I may have to get creative with the shroud
Was a few years back but if I remember correctly the shroud bolts on and moves with the stove. It is not an airtight seal.

Was a few years back but if I remember correctly the shroud bolts on and moves with the stove. It is not an airtight seal.
I see that, so my question to ENGLANDER is how does one slide the stove into place and fasten the exhaust pipe onto the exhaust blower? With the shroud already bolted in place, there is no access to the back? I finally bolted the two sides on, slid into place and hen stood the center piece of the shroud on in the center. Looks like crap! They need a better answer. I will say the stove seems to perform well, albeit a small hopper. I am regretting my purchase!

I see that, so my question to ENGLANDER is how does one slide the stove into place and fasten the exhaust pipe onto the exhaust blower? With the shroud already bolted in place, there is no access to the back? I finally bolted the two sides on, slid into place and hen stood the center piece of the shroud on in the center. Looks like crap! They need a better answer. I will say the stove seems to perform well, albeit a small hopper. I am regretting my purchase!
Are you able to return it if you decide you don't want it?

Are you able to return it if you decide you don't want it?
I WILL say, that the stove burns well. It is extremely quiet up until setting 5, the 1/2 way point then the fan is a bit loud. However, we would never burn it normally that high unless it was starting from cold. Last night it burned well, quietly and evenly.

Use flex pipe that will allow for short amount of readjustment when pushed back, that is what I did. And also one of the reasons I went with a Harman to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.