What about this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
My friend is looking for a mulit-fuel stove, and has decided to get a used stove untill he becomes familiar and comfortable with pellet stoves in general. He found a American Harvest Pellet stove model 6309 with pipe and hearth for $850. Its two seasons old. I found this to be a pellet and corn stove that can be modified to burn other fuels. What does that mean exactly? and is this a good deal?

I have a 6039 insert. Is your bud handy? mechanical? My stove has been very good going into year 4. Have seller take unit outside and plug it in and start a fire. Is it clean ? These are pretty forgiving stoves with alot of adjustability. How big an area is he trying to heat? You can buy the newer 6041 with a self igniter for $16-1700 if you shop around. The 6039 is a manual start. If its clean and works and maybe a hearth and some pipe $850 seems ok.

Schoondog

My friend is looking for a mulit-fuel stove, and has decided to get a used stove untill he becomes familiar and comfortable with pellet stoves in general. He found a American Harvest Pellet stove model 6309 with pipe and hearth for $850. Its two seasons old. I found this to be a pellet and corn stove that can be modified to burn other fuels. What does that mean exactly? and is this a good deal?

A person on Craigslist

I have a 6039 insert. Is your bud handy? mechanical? My stove has been very good going into year 4. Have seller take unit outside and plug it in and start a fire. Is it clean ? These are pretty forgiving stoves with alot of adjustability. How big an area is he trying to heat? You can buy the newer 6041 with a self igniter for $16-1700 if you shop around. The 6039 is a manual start. If its clean and works and maybe a hearth and some pipe $850 seems ok.

Schoondog

He is mechanical but new to pellet stoves.. his house is not to large ... not sure of the SQF

well the 039 is a multi fueler, so it will burn corn. They are not liked on this forum, but mine has heated my 1300 sf. home for 3 years and I think they are a good starter stove. Make sure it fires up, go to US Stoves and download the manual. Read up and heat your small to medium size (2200sf.) home.
schoondog

Reactions: jtakeman
Is it the 6039 stove or the 6309 Furnace(big ugly box)? The furnace was a total dog AFAIK, Eats lots and lots of fuel too!

The 6039/6041 is a pretty decent low dollar unit. As schoon said if your handy. A friend has the 6041 with igniter and he likes it. He's burned some pretty horrid pellets with it and it does fine. But ya got to tinker with the damper and not many stove shops will even look at it if problems happen.

Hey Guys

I just picked up the 6041! I saw some unhappy reviews on the 6039 but I am convinced that it was due to the fact you really have to understand how to adjust it properly! The 6041 has a newer Digital LED Control Panel with 2 programs, 1 for wood pellets and the other for Multi-fuels like corn, cherry pits, sunflower seeds. It takes alot of the guess work out of the adjustments. They both to me seem like good stoves and a great value. US stove in TN will answer questions on it. I called them the other day so they could reveal some of their technical secrets. I could not find out the wattage of the Ignitor anywhere so they told me it was in their secret tech manual and it is 250 watts! LOL
That is why people say the owner's manual is not so great. So if you like to dig in and tinker it can be a good stove! I got a used 6041 FS and I am in the painting process. I cannot wait to start testing it ! ! ! It does have ash dumps but does not need an ash pan gasket. The 250 watt ignitor is low for starting some multi-fuels. There are always plusses and minusses. The room blower is 200 CFM which provides great heat according to people who own one! If you keep it clean and re-paint it every few years I am sure it will last a very long time. Good luck and let us know if you snag it!

Status
Not open for further replies.