What and where to get black duct for pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DV

Feeling the Heat
Feb 6, 2012
Southern MD
I'm looking for black duct work for my Drolet eco 65. The stove is in my finished basement and to make the wifey happy she would like the duct going straight upstairs to be black instead of galvanized.

Would it make more sense to paint the duct?
Or is there somewhere I can purchase black duct?
Thanks.

I used Stove Bright to paint my, seen it recomended many times. EDIT: My dealer carried the Stove Bright.

Quick sand, and used a lighter to clean off label adhesive.

If you can get black venting easily, do it. If you can't, painting it is very easy.

Attachments

• 4_ Stove is in_.JPG
    4_ Stove is in_.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 1_ Put together stack and paint_.JPG
    1_ Put together stack and paint_.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 186
You can save $$ by buying the plain galvanized pipe and painting it yourself. Only items needed are a couple qts. of white vinegar and a couple cans of RustOLeum Satin black stove hi heat paint (Walmart for both items). The pipe needs to be washed down with the vinegar and a rag (pickling), rinsed clean and dried so the paint will stick.

I could be wrong, but I think the OP is asking about actual "Duct work" for her stove. The Drolet Eco 65 can be ducted like a Furnace.

If not, then I agree with all of the above. Paint the galvanized.

I thinlk the stove is already installed. Just needs ducted to living area.

I could be wrong, but I think the OP is asking about actual "Duct work" for her stove. The Drolet Eco 65 can be ducted like a Furnace.....

In that case, what I said above still applies....galvanized needs to be "pickled" using vinegar to stop the paint from peeling later on.....same procedure I listed.

Dexter yes. It is for duct pipe not vent pipe. Thanks for replies. I will try pickling and painting the duct.

Stopped at my Local "Do it Best" hardware store and they had several sizes of black (not wood stove pipe), in 4", 5", 6", 8", and 9". Along with elbows (45° and 90°).

Status
Not open for further replies.