What are dimensions of a pallet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest Smith

May 9, 2012
South of Boston, MA
I'm planning space in my garage and shed to store pellets and want to know the dimensions of a pallet of pellets. I'm also looking at renting a U-Haul trailer for $15.00 a day for deliveries. The smaller, open trailer's inside dimensions are 7'8" X 3"4" (L, W), which I'm sure is large enough to hold one ton. The trailer can carry at least 1,700 lbs which might be an option for others to pick up their own pellets.

40" x 48" by 42"-56" high

Impressive...I got you fihured out, You weren't camping, you must have been studying your tgoes into's!;)

What kind of vehicle will you be using to tow?? I only ask because of what you said about hitch capacity.
I have a Dodge Caravan and a class III hitch. You can plug in your vehicle and hitch classification on the UHaul website and it will tell you the trailers you can tow. Even though 1900 lbs is 100 lbs short of a ton, I think there must be some allowance built in. If I was towing across the country on the interstates, I'd find some other means. I only live about 10 miles away from pellet dealers and use country roads.

I wouldn't worry about the extra hundred pounds either! Only worry would be if you had an accident and U-Hual found out you were overloaded.

Good luck and happy pellet shopping.

I wouldn't worry about the extra hundred pounds either! Only worry would be if you had an accident and U-Hual found out you were overloaded.

Good luck and happy pellet shopping.
Maybe I should take a match and burn a few bags before the cops arrive! :ZZZ

Oh most folks don't worry about the vehicle or the trailer it is what the law says about being overweight and there is no allowance for that.

If ya make it home, (or don't), then you won't have to ask next time, and put up with all this abuse. After all, you wouldn't ask for directions, wouldya?????

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
;)
In this situation you should not use the same parameters you use for picking women.

just sayin.

OOOOHHH...Now you crossed the line my friend! Lucky for you the wife is out of town this week, When I show her this she will also be out of town for another day or two...She will head directly for WI and from here on out you will be know as the Pellet Burner formerly known as Smoke Show! Good luck buddy!

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.