What are the Husqy Equivalents?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes those prices are correct. For refurbished saws. A 455 brand new is about $399-$425 depending on bar size.. The saws he was looking at (70cc models) are much Larger than the largest you listed. The biggest saw I own currently is a 455. I love it. But I too am looking for a 70cc class saw. The 570 is not a "Pro" saw. But it has some good features. Its still Very Fast. Throws out a lil more oil than the 372XP and it costs $200 less.

Husqvarna makes a Good Product. Stihl makes a Good product. Makita/Dolmar make good products.. All in what the buyer is looking for. I have Husky dealers on both ends of my area. So I choose to be a return customer. Never had any warranty issues. Easy Peasy.. I look at the Saw industry, the same way I view the Auto industry. Ford/Chevy/Dodge.... Husqvarna/Stihl/Makita.. Don't matter if its a "Wild Thing". If its yours and it gets the Job done. That's all that matter. IMHO.

Bigg_Redd said:
To 361/441/460 respectively?

I'm saw shopping (used) and might consider a Husqvarna if the price is right.

The 372 is the one to look for used!

361= 357XP or 359

441= 372XP (71CC) or 570

460= 372XPW (75CC) or 575 or 576XP

The 359 and 570 are technically "landowner" saws, but share almost all of the pro features. The 570 is a little bit on the heavy side.

Jay is right though, a 372XP is what your looking for or it's cousin in black/red, the 2171 Jonsered.

smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:

288,390,394/395,3120...... :coolgrin:

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:

He is cross cutting and has been running a 290 for years.......looks like hes wanting the 70cc range. :)

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:

He is cross cutting and has been running a 290 for years.......looks like hes wanting the 70cc range. :)
With V stack & extra large foam filter? That's what I'm leaning towards ;-)

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I'm tired of playing Jose uFck Around with big logs, so, I'm looking for something that will comfortably run a 25" bar in Doug Fir so a 361 (or equivalent) is the minimum, and because I cut a lot of wood and don't want to lug around an 18lb saw a 460 (or equivalent) is the max.

Bigg_Redd said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I'm tired of playing Jose uFck Around with big logs, so, I'm looking for something that will comfortably run a 25" bar in Doug Fir so a 361 (or equivalent) is the minimum, and because I cut a lot of wood and don't want to lug around an 18lb saw a 460 (or equivalent) is the max.

You are dead on! I almost went with the 372w and in your area should be an easy find....Indiana is very weak on anything but Stihl. The logger we have a hardwood and one to two truck loads is a big day for them.

Had my 372 24" full comp buried in a massive pin oak last night........ pulls like a champ.

HittinSteel said:
Had my 372 24" full comp buried in a massive pin oak last night........ pulls like a champ.

there was 2 372 sold here a month ago for 200.00 bucks and in good shape.......Didnt have the cash! :bug:

HittinSteel said:
western union !!!!! should have called me

Would have had to have it in hand, with the pedal down....Guy was 3 blocks from me and sold them in an hour. 2 years ago 2 hundos would have had it in the dirty laundry!

Bigg_Redd, about a year ago I ran a Stihl MS362 for a while bucking some 18" ash. It was a great saw and probably one of the best all around firewood saws. I also ran a Husky 372XP for a very short while. As you know the Husky 372XP displaces more cc's than the Stihl MS362 so it is a much stronger saw. Younger and stronger friends had to start the 372XP for me because my strength (72 years old and numerous illnesses) was not what it used to be. The Husky was not hard starting. Others started it with one or two pulls. I was just not strong enough to start it. If I were younger and stronger and was still cutting firewood I would purchase the 372XP. It cuts like a hairy chested beast. As HittinSteel stated above, it can be buried in wood and still pull like a champ.

Both of these saws will work long and hard and bring a smile to your face.

Bigg_Redd, about a year ago I ran a Stihl MS362 for a while bucking some 18" ash. It was a great saw and probably one of the best all around firewood saws. I also ran a Husky 372XP for a very short while. As you know the Husky 372XP displaces more cc's than the Stihl MS362 so it is a much stronger saw. Younger and stronger friends had to start the 372XP for me because my strength (72 years old and numerous illnesses) was not what it used to be. The Husky was not hard starting. Others started it with one or two pulls. I was just not strong enough to start it. If I were younger and stronger and was still cutting firewood I would purchase the 372XP. It cuts like a hairy chested beast. As HittinSteel stated above, it can be buried in wood and still pull like a champ.

Both of these saws will work long and hard and bring a smile to your face.

Sorry about the double post. Hopefully, a moderator will delete this one.
John_M

Bigg_Redd said:

Holy Sh!t batman, I can not believe my eyes, Bigg Redd thinkin about a husqvarna, as much as he worships Stihl on this site, Better get him in to see the doctor STAT

Elderthewelder said:
Bigg_Redd said:

Holy Sh!t batman, I can not believe my eyes, Bigg Redd thinkin about a husqvarna, as much as he worships Stihl on this site, Better get him in to see the doctor STAT

FTR - I'd NEVER buy a new Husqvarna. When shopping used you can't be too picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.