What are the mechanics of your air wash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudge88

Sep 24, 2008
Cedar Knolls, N.J.
We have an older Glowking insert...Wondering how the air wash for the glass on most other stoves is built...Our owners manual, does not show...Where it pulls the air in..and how to keep it clean...any help appreciated...

Mine air washes from the top on all 3 windows, you can see the seal on the outside, none at the top of the window.

most likely pulls air in through the fresh air inlet before spliting ... most goes to combustion air and the rest going to the airwash..
At the end of the season I used to set shop vac to blow and blew air into the intake to remove the flyash from the airwash and under the burnpot where I couldn't reach..

Status
Not open for further replies.