What are the REAL Dimensions/Weights/Clearances of the Pheonix, Heritage and Homestead?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're both 73% efficient and the PE puts out 3.56 grams/hr and the Mansfield 2.8 what does that tell you?

Am I correct to assume that means the Mansfield has a higher combustion efficiency than the Summit, and the Summit has better transfer efficiency if even with lower combustion it can transfers the same amount of heat from the wood. Am I correct to think the Mansfield having better combustion efficiency will mean a cleaner liner/chimney and better draft but both units should net you the same heat from the same wood both being 73%?

probably not better draft, because more efficient means less heat for the flue. The PE is just putting more grams per hour up the chimney. Like i said though, efficiency is not realy a good measure. Its what the manufacture tests. GPH is tested by a independent lab, i feel that gph is a reflection of efficiency, so in my book either the PE is overstating the efficiency, or hearthstone is understating it. One thing i love about stone is that you emit no pollution, and get great heat, for at least 4 hours of every burn cycle. How can you measure efficiency, when you dont have to burn ANY thing to heat your home.

Rhonemas said:
If they're both 73% efficient and the PE puts out 3.56 grams/hr and the Mansfield 2.8 what does that tell you?

Am I correct to assume that means the Mansfield has a higher combustion efficiency than the Summit, and the Summit has better transfer efficiency if even with lower combustion it can transfers the same amount of heat from the wood. Am I correct to think the Mansfield having better combustion efficiency will mean a cleaner liner/chimney and better draft but both units should net you the same heat from the same wood both being 73%?

.76 grams/hr. A few points here or there probably don't matter. Every efficiency number is probably + or - 5-10 points. It does seem logical to be some correlation to emission's and efficiency. I'm sure they weigh that into the equation.

kudo's to mountain, i read the threads, and wish i could publish a paper how service is done using his work with this customer as a model, i will print this one off and post it in my office for my techs to read, great job , later post with the jotul shows that the customer made a nice choice with stove size and has a unit which will work very well for their application. nice work mountain. stove looks very nice in its location and obviously the customer is enjoying the stoves performance.

mike esw

stoveguy2esw said:
kudo's to mountain, i read the threads, and wish i could publish a paper how service is done using his work with this customer as a model, i will print this one off and post it in my office for my techs to read, great job , later post with the jotul shows that the customer made a nice choice with stove size and has a unit which will work very well for their application. nice work mountain. stove looks very nice in its location and obviously the customer is enjoying the stoves performance.

mike esw

MSG is the Man around here. He tells ya like it is, whether it is a stove he sells or not. And he saved my butt on a bad stove problem that I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.