What are These Brackets For?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it has a slight, very slight bow, top is flat towards front slight bow then curves down

____
_____) maybe 1/4 inch thick?
l
Firebox l doors
___________l

Well, I got my baffle installed. It is made from 1/4" hot rolled steel plate and weighs 35 lbs! It only cost $32.00. A stainless plate would have cost $120.00 so I opted for the steel one.

I started a fire and it seems to make quite a bit of difference on heat output. Before, the flames would converge and go directly up the flue. Now the flames spread out covering the entire bottom surface of the baffle and move toward the front edge and curve over the baffle and back toward the flue.

Thanks for everyone's help in making my insert more efficient!

Good deal .........glad there was a happy ending. Now fire it up !

Kudos Sawn, that's the spirit. I think you'll find you have an almost new stove now. It's a nice feeling isn't it?

Congratulations for a job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.