What are we burning & and what are we drinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at work now, but if I was home I'd be burning Red Oak and drinking Eagle Rare Bourbon.
images

Maybe I'll have a sip when I get home.

I'm going to spend my 1000th post saying I like that a lot. :)

Somersets in the furnace, maple and sweet gum in the wood insert, drinking Mt. Pleasant Brewing Company Iron Horse IPA.

A mix of ash, pine,and oak and not drinking it now but finished up bottling with oak some of Uncle Augie's Original. Should be ready to go in a few months. Have one batch almost ready. The one pictured here has 25 siblings.
IMG-20130124-00155.jpg

Drinking French roast coffee here. The burnt flavor, especially when the cup has gone cold, is reminiscent of creosote. ==c

A mix of ash, pine,and oak and not drinking it now but finished up bottling with oak some of Uncle Augie's Original. Should be ready to go in a few months. Have one batch almost ready. The one pictured here has 25 siblings. View attachment 90710
You are my hero.

Burning electrons tonight, it hit 50 today. We cracked open the first bottle of batch #1 brown ale. Not too shabby for a first try I have to say.

Reactions: northwinds
Wood pellets, Envi Blocks and Grey Goose....That's three of a kind that beats a full house any day!

Not drinking anything, but burning the best tree available at any given time.

Half a dozen big but short splits of horrible elm that hurts my back to look at it. I should call them crushes instead of splits. Orange juice and coffee (not at the same time).

oak, bark off maple and Hamm's

Burning pine and drinking some Budweiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.