What Are You Guys Doing To Me?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
Last year I was getting ready to sell my little Stihl 011AV. Now thanks to y'all, I have a 357XP, am considering a top-handle trim saw, want to get into chainsaw carving (requiring a small detail saw) and...

...I just found a price on a new 346XP w/18" bar for $479.95. Last old-type saw in my area. New ones will all have the California emission package.

Need I ask if I should buy it? No... I know what that answer would be. I need someone to talk me out of it. Someone who has less than a dozen saws.

You should buy it. In order to help fund, I'll buy the 011 off of you. 'Cause the only time you don't need more saws is when I need one of yours.

Battenkiller said:
Danno77 said:
In order to help fund, I'll buy the 011 off of you.

No, no... that saw's like a family pet by now.

Say...... what do you think I can get for 'er? :roll:
$120 on Ebay, about half on CL, or 1/4 from me, lol.

I just bought a 011AV for $150.00 Came with a case, sharpener(Efco), bunch of files and other stuff. The wifes saw. Kicker was, it was almost unused and starts on the first pull. BUT, you'll not catch me using it if I have my 346XP anywhere close. That saw rocks! Buy the 346 and you'll not regret it.

Just openend up the muffler a bit. Smokin and Hittinsteel helped walk me through it. Pretty easy, gained some poop and only a bit noisier. I may try to do the 011 after a while, just 'cause. And yeah, with a sharp chain, it's a true Jedi weapon.

Battenkiller said:
I need someone to talk me out of it.

Ok. Why buy the 346 when you have the 357?

Lighter weight, better vibration numbers. I have bad carpal tunnel. Shouldn't even be using a saw, but I'll do it anyway, might as well lessen the damage.

I want something a little more agile to rough out carvings with. The 011 just ain't got enough snot for what I want to do with it. I may set it up with a quarter-tip bar, for that it might be good.

You asked, I tried. The 346 came out right after I bought the 2152. I've always wondered if I would notice the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.