What are you using to clean the stoves door glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys using chemicals tried the wet towel and ash??? It works very well and you don't have to buy anything.

I think I will be trying a lot of the suggestions posted here.

Damp towel. If the glass has a haze I'll dip it into the ashes. When I get the bad crap, I use the magic eraser. SOmetimes I also use windex. But never spray it on the glass. Just spray it on the cloth.

A bit of wet (slightly) newspaper works great to clean stove glass. For stubborn stains also dip the paper in some ash residue.
Hint: Clean glass only when cold! Priceless...

Lil spit, cat piss and vinegar keeps the glass clean for weeks.

Pellet-King said:
Lil spit, cat piss and vinegar keeps the glass clean for weeks.
That must smell real good when the glass gets hot. :sick:

Alright i was KIDDING, Beer works great!!

I tried to get the dog to lick the glass clean but she was too busy resting. :lol:

Attachments

• The Girls 033 (Large).jpg
    The Girls 033 (Large).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 197
Can the glass be cleaned while the stove is running? My Harman manual says to wait for the glass to cool down.

Just curious what others are doing.

Wet paper towel. The current pellets don't build creosote on the glass, but do build deposits in the pot. Traded one tough cleaning job for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.