What are your plans for this mid-week 4th of July?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Looks like rain in the morn, and again in the eve. Humid in between. Picnic at the parents late and likely going to work on the old stone wall in the morning to take advantage of the cool temps the rain will bring. Cold beer to make sure it is cool enough.

i will be at a breakfast sponsored by a friend from the club, then its off to the golf course (whats left of it) for a charity golf outing to benefit a long time member and friend of mine (as well as most everyone at the club) who recently fell off a ladder (he's a commercial painter) broke his back and both arms. the course usually has a 4th of july scramble anyway as a fun outing but since Doug's accident its been morphed into a benefit tourney. the breakfast proceeds will also be going to him dink and melynda have been gracious enough to throw this at their house. seeing as i have just gotten power back didnt have to drive out to the club for a shower (massive member perk i always had taken for granted til the last few days) the 4th is starting to look like its going to be a great day:)

Sleep late in AM,maybe grill a burger,few bratwursts & drink some beer in afternoon.Some family may pay a visit then.Stay inside near the AC as much as possible.99 right now,99 expected next 3 days.7 days so far with above 90 temps,not supposed to cool off until next Monday,down to mid 80's.At least we had 1 inch rain last Friday afternoon,that really helped.Still could use more though.

I'm in mourning, I thought I worked with a great guy. Yesterday he was arrested for stealing from work. Why would you steal something from work and advertise it (w/pics) on CL? Andy Griffith and now this.

wow, Jack Straw, that's rough. We all fall down sometimes.

I spent my day doing the final cleaning on my pellet stove. I have not sweated that much in a while. And it was only 87 degrees out here in Long Island. Better late than never, I guess.

To all the others with sweltering temps, good luck and stay cool.

87f? it was 92 here ... geez. Icey Hollow my butt :mad: you must have had that south shore breeze.

Hugs to ya, Jack... they ain't all bad.

Nice day here - a little warm, but didn't climb over 84 or so. Nice now.

Daughter, her hubby and our grand daughter are here in RI....that keeps things busy! I escaped at about 6 and took the first real voyage on the new machine - and was treated to a nice sunset. Really, it doesn't get much nicer than rowing in at dusk on such an evening!
sunset.jpg

Hugs to ya, Jack... they ain't all bad.[/quote]

I have always had concerns, he was slIck like a used car salesman. When he first started at work he tried to sell me an investment that was guaranteed to pay 13 percent, but you couldn't help but like the guy.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Went to a friend's 40th birthday- he's a scotch/bourbon fan, so there were 4 or 5 bottles as presents that we all had to sample. Then there was moonshine. Then I got up the next morning and went on my brother's boat for lobsters- it was a damn good thing I didn't have one more drink.

Nice day here - a little warm, but didn't climb over 84 or so. Nice now.

Daughter, her hubby and our grand daughter are here in RI....that keeps things busy! I escaped at about 6 and took the first real voyage on the new machine - and was treated to a nice sunset. Really, it doesn't get much nicer than rowing in at dusk on such an evening!
View attachment 69686

spectacular shot craig. you're right. these moments are the best.

Spent the 4th getting that gable vent fan that was seizing and trying to burn my house down out of the attic. Don't even ask what the temp was in that attic. It was 102 out in the yard.

:confused:;hm:(

I worked in attics during the summer back east when I was young. I'm not repeating that experience.

My wife, mom, and I packed some take-out Chinese food and folding chairs on our bicycles and rode out to a 'no parking' section of the road near the local firework show. This is the only firework show in the county (as fireworks are otherwise illegal), so the roads, campgrounds, and otherwise any place a vehicle can go near this area get very congested with traffic. Riding our bikes lets us get through this traffic quickly and easily, and we set up away from the crowds (frankly at a better vantage point for viewing the fireworks too). This is something I've been doing since before I met my wife - super fun.

Picking pie cherries today! Yum!!

Went four wheeling with my brother-in-law and sister on a trail off the Willow-Hatcher Pass Road . . . returned in time for dinner in Anchorage . . . spent the rest of the evening and night flying to Chicago and then on to Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.