what are your temp and times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2010
new mexico
I fixed my danfose valve by turning it around. The guts where the opposite direction of the sticker inside. Now the temp rarely dropes below 140 whereas before it would continually drop into 120's. Now I have been watching my temp and times. When it is cycling
Fan 100
160 pump on
Good gassification
Primary 4 turns
Secondary 1/2 open
Bypass valve 1/2 open

It takes about 12 minutes to heat boiler up to 160. Circulating pump stays on for about 4 minutes while dropping below 160. The temp never gets above 165. 12 minutes off 4 on.
I put pump to 170 and times are about the same 14minutes off 4 on. Temp gets to 172 high.
The wood is dry but it is pine, pinion, and ceder.
Are those times and temp seem right? What are your on and off times. My boiler has never gone
My storage tanks are never real hot to touch. I burn all day and in the am my tanks are cold and my temp in house base dropped 5 degrees from night before. I am heating my house at he same time I am trying to get my tanks up to temp. Right now how things are working my storage is not doing anything but making my return temp to my boiler lower. Now that I am having a cold spell I can't get my house temps above 165

Status
Not open for further replies.