what are your vices?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, I guess. 211 at the last check-up and have been running/diet to bring it down. Guess, I'll have to go shopping for coffee filters.

Been using those fine SS mesh filters in my drip machine, really like them. I wonder if you must use the paper filters to catch all the bad stuff BG speaks of?

Been using those fine SS mesh filters in my drip machine, really like them. I wonder if you must use the paper filters to catch all the bad stuff BG speaks of?
I use a gold filter as well. It won't stop any of the interesting oils. If you don't have a problem with cholesterol- then don't bother. The oils are a pleasure unto themselves and hold a good amount of flavor/aroma

I used to use the gold filter until I read somewhere it was bad. I forgot the reason why but I stopped using it. Anyone ever hear that? Prolly poppycock..

Reactions: Defiant
Books on tape.

I put audio books on my ipod and wear my headphones all day at work. If its a good story there are times when I completely blank out and get nothing done for an hour. I'm guessing it cuts my productivity in 1/2, but it helps with my stress level because I'm so distracted.

THis for me too. Though not at work sadly. It's the only way I can bear the constant housework. It was just a casual thing, until I got the smartphone and started downloading books from my library.

THis for me too. Though not at work sadly. It's the only way I can bear the constant housework. It was just a casual thing, until I got the smartphone and started downloading books from my library.
At first it was just a casual thing, an American classic, a novel on the "100 books to read before you die" list, even read the Hunger Games at the prompting of my wife+daughter. But after a weekend bender of Salman Rushdie I was soon on the harder stuff. Russian poets, feminist manifestos, anything to keep the buz going.

(I can get you some technical support manuals for Windows 3.1 if you're into that kind of stuff)

I have reading/dramatization of both The Hobbit and LOTR on CD that are quite fun to listen to. LOTR is like 8 discs.

Small amounts of pricey beer. Ridiculous amounts of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.