What beer are you drinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but true about Mahars. I'm really going to miss that place. But there is still the Castleton location.!

Seems like the building owner is going to shut out Mahar's and then open up a similar business there......That is shady. I won't go there.

For those that are not familiar with Mahar's, its a beer bar in Albany, in business long before the other beer joints in the area came to be. It was once rated the #1 place to have a pint in the US by beeradvocate, but its really just a great neighborhood pub with an amazing beer selection. They have a very loyal following and its too bad something like this is happening. I won't be going to the new place that is taking over that location, or any place owned by them, and there are several. I will have to give Mahar's other location in Castleton a try sometime, but it won't be the same.

To keep this post in the spirit of the thread, I'm wrapping up this evening with some homebrewed oatmeal stout, just tapped a few days ago. I'm pretty happy with it.

To keep this post it the spirit of hearth.com, Jim, I think its great that you are 800 steps from Mahar's and are a wood burner. I just don't think of that area as having any wood burners. Any place I've ever been to in that part of Albany usually had the fireplaces sealed off with some facade or something.

If you are ever in the central midwest eat and drink at a Granite City. Their seasonal Oktoberfest brew is my favorite (closest one is 100 miles away and still drank 9 growlers of it last October). Just as good is the Two Pull which is a blend of Northern Light and Brother Benedict Bock beers.
http://www.gcfb.net/brewery
G67a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.