What bottom auger motor would you buy for an Englander 25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Margo

Sep 12, 2008
Northeastern MA
I cleaned out the augers yesterday ran the stove for a couple of hours and it went out. I noticed it wasn't feeding pellets and somehow figured out the bottom auger wasn't rotating. I don't know if you're supposed to do this but from what I've read both motors are the same. I swapped the motors and it rotates like it supposed to. I looked closer and noticed the wire from the coil is burned and broken obviously the problem. Is there something I did to cause this or just one of those things?

There's been several threads about where and what kind of motor to buy. I don't want to have to flip the stack or solder leads on. Which one do I buy? A link to the exact one would be great. I have this page bookmarked but I'm not sure of which one.http://www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html I'm thinking of just replacing them both and keeping the other for a backup so less expensive would be better.

Attachments

• P1010159.JPG
    P1010159.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 116
Looks like you got something to close and caused the short. I would get a good light and do a good inspection of the stove to see if you can track down where the short happened. Good luck

If my PDVC was in the house and not the workshop I`d definitely change the bottom auger to a Gleason Avery. The Merkel Korff OEM ones work fine on the top auger , maybe because they are rated only for intermittent duty anyway.

Looks like you got something to close and caused the short. I would get a good light and do a good inspection of the stove to see if you can track down where the short happened. Good luck

I agree. Its just weird that the stove ran for 3 hours then shorted out. It is a 7 year old stove that runs for around 4-5 months straight so it was probably time to replace them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.