What brand are the hotest pellets to burn in a Quad Castile?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thz123

Jan 8, 2009
IOWA
I am trying to find the hotest pellets available in Iowa to burn in my Quadrafire Castile. I have had good luck with "Fuel King" and "Marth". They both seem to be hot pellets. They are available in Iowa for around $4.30, thats what I paid in Platteville WS on Saturday at Fleet and Farm.

I tried some Eureka premium soft wood pellets, I felt they weren't as Hot, but I loved the lack of fly ash produced. They were $5.69 at Menards, which I think is high priced.

I would like to find/try some Bear Mountain or Hamers, something real HOT. I would like to compare them to the Fuel King brand. Last weekend I stopped in Mineral point WS at Bosserts Fireplace shop. They were closed but he had some Kentucky Pride and a Hillbilly brand for sale.

What is the hotest pellet you've burned in your Castile?

I have a santa fe which is just about the same stove. I use Bear Mountain and have been very happy.

What is the hotest pellet you’ve burned in your Castile?

Dog food, hands down. Tied with soy beans....

B

Hey gotz, I hear DRIED dog chit works too! Kind of like cow chit in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.