What brand of stove is this? Is it safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordanburgen

Jul 9, 2014
Westminster CO
Hello. Brand new here. Just bought a house that came with a wood burning stove and I need to know what kind it is and if it is safe/meets EPA regulations. The only identifying marker except for instructions on where to install and a caution sticker is that it has the words "parlor stove" imprinted on the back. It doesn't say anything else anywhere. Not "made in Taiwan" or anything like that. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,740
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 940
Welcome. This stove has been rode hard. The whitened paint and curled up label are testament to overfiring. I am guessing it is a Chinese stove, but can't say for sure. The curled up label on the back should have this info.

Old original parlor stoves would have proud indications of their source foundry cast in many places. Do you intend to use this stove or replace?

Welcome. This stove has been rode hard. The whitened paint and curled up label are testament to overfiring. I am guessing it is a Chinese stove, but can't say for sure. Old original parlor stoves would have proud indications of their source foundry. Do you intend to use this stove or replace?
Thanks for the quick reply! I intend on either using it or just getting rid of it. The curled up label is actually really thin metal someone has bent. The caution label on the side is the same which was flat and I actually bent to see if anything was written underneath. But yes it is very discolored. And only says parlor stove. No brand or foundry name so I'm thinking, like you, it's just some cheap knock off and not worth the risk! Thanks again!!

I think that label might have curled due to overheating. Flatten it out and take another look at it. Usually that is where the mfg will be listed. Is there a UL testing label on it?

I would buy a new one. ==c

I would buy a new one. ==c
I second that. Perhaps something like this could be used as an occasional use item in a workshop (far from any combustible) but not in my home while I am sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.