What Brand Vent Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
Wondering about who has what brand vent pipe.Selkirk, Simpson,Excel,Amerivent,etc.. Been shopping, one has silicone rubber seal, another has silicone woven fiberglass, some come in black, others need to be painted. krooser mentioned Selkirk, pipe has outer OA and inner exhaust vent which is a +.

I use simpson duravent personally

gfreek said:
Wondering about who has what brand vent pipe.Selkirk, Simpson,Excel,Amerivent,etc.. Been shopping, one has silicone rubber seal, another has silicone woven fiberglass, some come in black, others need to be painted. krooser mentioned Selkirk, pipe has outer OA and inner exhaust vent which is a +.

I have the Selkirk Direct Vent... it's an easy way to incorporate an OAK without making another hole but it is a little larger in diameter than a traditional pellet vent... I DO like the silicone seal... my install has 0% CO gasses....

Selkirk here too. It was my only option since I didn't have outside wall space available. (Living room outer wall is one big window.) No smoke leaks! :)

I used the ICC Excel and am very happy with it. It does come it black, but I just got it in Galv. because I will never see it inside.

Easy to install, easy to take back apart (the seals DO NOT rip as rumored) and the only RTV seal was on the cast stove tail piece to the ICC starter.

I used the Harman (hearth and home technologies) direct vent kit. It can be used with any 3" Pellet Pipe/Outside Air combo. At $149 it paid for itself in ease of installation, looks and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.