What brands are really the same or rebagged with a different name?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
olddawgsrule said:
Viridis Energy, Inc.

Viridis Energy Inc., an alternative energy company, engages in the distribution and
marketing of softwood pellets to the residential and industrial markets in the United States and Canada.
It distributes wood pellets biomass for the renewable power generation
under the Okanagan Pellets, Clean Burn, Surefire, and Dragon Mountain brand names.

From Yahoo Finance while researching stocks.

From the horses mouth!

Viridis Energy is the parent company
Cypress Pacific Marketing is their marketing and sale division who sells the Okies, Clean Burn, Surefire and Dragon Mtn brand
OPC is the Okanagan pellet company that makes the Okies and is owned by Viridis
The other brands are made by other companies but have been or are sold thur Cypress Pacific…….

I did a little research today because I've got a ton of Nation's Choice with very little info on the bags. The only lead I found was an email address for [email protected]. This led me to International Forest Products, owned by none other than our local hero, Mr. Kraft. Looking through their press releases, there's a statement about an exclusive agreement between IFP and Geneva Wood Fuels for pellets under the name Maine's Choice.

So I'd put a solid bet on Nation's Choice being the same pellet as Maine's Choice.

http://www.ifpcorp.com/index.cfm?ac=NewsDetails&ID=173

Go Pats! :)

j-takeman said:
olddawgsrule said:
Viridis Energy, Inc.

Viridis Energy Inc., an alternative energy company, engages in the distribution and
marketing of softwood pellets to the residential and industrial markets in the United States and Canada.
It distributes wood pellets biomass for the renewable power generation
under the Okanagan Pellets, Clean Burn, Surefire, and Dragon Mountain brand names.

From Yahoo Finance while researching stocks.

From the horses mouth!

Viridis Energy is the parent company
Cypress Pacific Marketing is their marketing and sale division who sells the Okies, Clean Burn, Surefire and Dragon Mtn brand
OPC is the Okanagan pellet company that makes the Okies and is owned by Viridis
The other brands are made by other companies but have been or are sold thur Cypress Pacific…….

It was explained to me by OPC's marketing dept. in e-mails that Westwood Premium Pellets are identical to Okanagans when I was looking for Okies locally. For some reason they don't sell Okanagans in Spokane.

Attachments

• NEWP.jpg
    NEWP.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 595
  • Lauzon.jpg
    Lauzon.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 572
j-takeman said:
The Same game! What other brands do you know of that are the same. Or rebagged another brand?

Here is what I have so far. Can anyone add to it.

Edited list so far

Dragon Mountain are made by Pinnicle(was also newp's green supreme's softwood at one time)

Michigans are the same as North Country

Cubex are the same as Northern and Comfort

Quality One is the same as M&M which are rebagged MWP.

Uncle Jeds Fir are the Same as Bear Mountain

Hamer also makes Winter Warm, Southern States and Hardwood Heat pellets Rumoured to also make the Agway brand pellets

Energex makes the Premier pellet both hard and softwood., Nature's Own, Fireside Ultra's, TSC brand hardwoods and Stove Chow.

Fiber By Product's makes ProPellet, Pot of Gold and Magic Sparks

Newp makes Clean Fires for woodpellets.com(Not sure anymore-see below). They also bag Warm front.

Hassle @ Hughes makes Greenway and also saw a video with them bagging Cleanfire hardwoods blend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duVj6D0pUBw&feature=related

Clear Choice is a Woodpellets.com pellet marketed for the stove shops. Basically the same as the CleanFires hard and pacific softwoods!

Clear Choice softwoods and Cleanfire pacific's might be Eagle Valley softwoods?

Logic-e and P.W.I. are bagged by PWI Industries

Potomac also bags the Independence brand

Just looking for extra info to add.
Jay

Your right Jay, these bags look very similar !!

Attachments

• WPpwi.jpg
    WPpwi.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 549
  • WPLogik-eSC.jpg
    WPLogik-eSC.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 536
kofkorn said:
I did a little research today because I've got a ton of Nation's Choice with very little info on the bags. The only lead I found was an email address for [email protected]. This led me to International Forest Products, owned by none other than our local hero, Mr. Kraft. Looking through their press releases, there's a statement about an exclusive agreement between IFP and Geneva Wood Fuels for pellets under the name Maine's Choice.

So I'd put a solid bet on Nation's Choice being the same pellet as Maine's Choice.

http://www.ifpcorp.com/index.cfm?ac=NewsDetails&ID=173

Go Pats! :)

Mr Craft also has dealings with the Inferno brand. So from a good source I have it as they are rebagged Inferno's. Now as long as they don't start stuffing the inferno's in the Maine Choice bags from strong we should be OK. But just in case I'll pass and buy MWP or Corinth's this season! Safe bet that way!

j-takeman said:
Mr Craft also has dealings with the Inferno brand.

I saw that after my post. I won't say that they are the best pellet I've used, but, they still put out heat. They'll get me by for the shoulders this year. Heck of a lot of ash in the pot.

I know its an old thread, But here we go again(no sense IMHO to start a new one). Seems PA/Dry Creek have a new lil sister, Timber Heat!

Thanks will711 for the scoop! ;)

As we get some new entries we'll have to update the list.

Marth = Pennywise

Seriously though, I think Maine Choice and Geneva are the same pellets.

"Premium" brand sold at Lowes is made by AWF, and Timber heat is bagged by Dry Creek, AFAIK

(Maine*)Tractor Supply wood pellets = MWP

*As suggested by jtakeman

Last edited:
Reactions: jtakeman
Tractor supply Wood Pellets = MWP

From what I was told MWP in the TSC bags for the New England area. We could see product from up to 5 different mills all across the country and the only way to know which mill? Is to use a UPC search to find the mill. Once we get the mills that are in them, We add them all to this thread. ;)

HD is doing the same and we need both of their UPC codes to get the mill info. In other words we need some help getting the codes. Post em if you got em! >>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.