What can you guys tell me about this saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmule

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Conifer Colorado
I was given an old Mcollugh Timber Bear Chainsaw. I have no idea what year it was made or any other information on it other than what I was able to find by looking at the saw.

It looks to have a 55cc engine on it with a 20" bar I managed to get it running and it appears that everything is working order like the chain brake and the chain oiling system. It is a little heavy but it cuts fast. I need to clean it up some as it is pretty dirty but It starts right up now.

What do you guys know aboout this saw? Is this saw worth keeping around?

Yes it is.....I thought the timber bear was a 77cc saw but its been awhile sense I look at the mac's.

3.4 cubic inch 56 cc,slightly smaller version of the 3.7 c.i/61cc Pro Mac 610 that I owned/used from '92 to 2000.Sat in shed under bench until March of this year, when I sold 20" never used NOS bar,extra NOS air filter & powerhead on Ebay.I hope yours keeps running better than mine did.Easy starting when cold,heavy,but powerful & fast cutting,almost impossible to start when hot,would vapor lock almost every time.

Good luck.

Any running saw that you already have is worth keeping around, IMHO.

Thanks for the input guys I'll keep it around to block logs with it makes short work of the stack.

"I managed to get it running and it appears that everything is working order like the chain brake and the chain oiling system.....................it cuts fast."

the answer to your question: "yes"

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.